More wacky cable lifts....$600 per pair...

jimjimbo

My KHorns are about 11 feet apart from center, so at 22-23 feet I will need 8 of these beauties minimum. So if my math is correct 8 x 600$ = 4800$. A little over twice what I paid for the KHorns but can envision a degree of improvement that is hard to put into mathematical terms. Can you really put a price on sonic bliss? I believe the proper response is one we are all familier with --

Bullshitt!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, twk123 said:

I just took thumb tacks and used them to stick my cables to the top of the baseboard so they didnt touch the carpet. Same thing as this really but mine cost about 20 cents.

Oh, but you need tacks made of pure refined oxygen free copper smelted by virgins!

11 hours ago, twk123 said:

I just took thumb tacks and used them to stick my cables to the top of the baseboard so they didnt touch the carpet. Same thing as this really but mine cost about 20 cents.

Interesting, as part of this room treatment, have you matched the baseboard wood by using a type of wood that has a synergistic resonance frequency in relation to your audio system and desired listening experience?  :emotion-14: :unsure2: :emotion-14:

For example, it would appear that some have moved to softer woods instead of the traditional hard woods in order to dampen seismic vibration and thus eliminate unwanted room resonances where the dampening effects of the soft woods appear to help contribute to providing an environment for mellower harmonic content and listening experience, which some now believe can be attributed to the choice of wood taming certain piercing high frequencies sometimes associated with horn loaded speakers..  :wacko2::ohmy: :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fjd said:

Interesting, as part of this room treatment, have you matched the baseboard wood by using a type of wood that has a synergistic resonance frequency in relation to your audio system and desired listening experience?  :emotion-14: :unsure2: :emotion-14:

For example, it would appear that some have moved to softer woods instead of the traditional hard woods in order to dampen seismic vibration and thus eliminate unwanted room resonances where the dampening effects of the soft woods appear to help contribute to providing an environment for mellower harmonic content and listening experience, which some now believe can be attributed to the choice of wood taming certain piercing high frequencies sometimes associated with horn loaded speakers..  :wacko2::ohmy: :rolleyes:

You bring up a good point. I actually hire a professional to do seismic measurements of the ground to determine the resonant frequency of the earth below the foundation of the house. This changes throughout the year as the water table changes so I have my guy come out approx every 3 months to re-check. I then have my local violin maker tune a new baseboard to the same frequency tone of the local geography to make everything mesh and have a contractor install the new one. I then have to buy new "room boundary pucks" to put around my listening position to also match the new frequency as well. The tacks are custom milled from titanium and cryogenic frozen at a NASA facility to make sure the electrons in the cable dont get confused and try to bridge the cable insulation into the tack. This process takes a few weeks at least so I really only get to listen to my stereo for about a month out of the year but any true audiophile knows its about the QUALITY not QUANTITY of music you listen to.

• Like 1

You bring up a good point. I actually hire a professional to do seismic measurements of the ground to determine the resonant frequency of the earth below the foundation of the house. This changes throughout the year as the water table changes so I have my guy come out approx every 3 months to re-check. I then have my local violin maker tune a new baseboard to the same frequency tone of the local geography to make everything mesh and have a contractor install the new one. I then have to buy new "room boundary pucks" to put around my listening position to also match the new frequency as well. The tacks are custom milled from titanium and cryogenic frozen at a NASA facility to make sure the electrons in the cable dont get confused and try to bridge the cable insulation into the tack. This process takes a few weeks at least so I really only get to listen to my stereo for about a month out of the year but any true audiophile knows its about the QUALITY not QUANTITY of music you listen to.

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to try that

1 hour ago, gottajam said:

What about marshmellows? Can we use those? I bet those have some serious damping qualities!

Actually, since a Class A solid state amplifier can fry an egg, I've been wondering if it could also roast marshmallows afterward?

250-watts of constant power sucking, heat producing, egg frying, Class A amplification gi.gif