Cubs and Indians

JJkizak

Any chance of getting a score?  I am having to sit up late as a pump malfunction has my BG over 600 and I feel like poop.  Flying VFR with a syringe to get it down.  Would like to know the score in case I have a stroke while I wait...  :P

Dave

5 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I think wines from Portugal are some of the best, and best values on the market.  I have a couple of 1977 Fonseca Ports that I'm saving until I die.  I plan on having a funeral pyre of Thai sticks, ignited by Port.....

the attendees downwind will enjoy it; but, that is kinda cannibalistic -- so not sure.

1 minute ago, Mallette said:

Any chance of getting a score?  I am having to sit up late as a pump malfunction has my BG over 600 and I feel like poop.  Flying VFR with a syringe to get it down.  Would like to know the score in case I have a stroke while I wait...  :P

Dave

6-3 Chicago -- bottom of the seventh

6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I think wines from Portugal are some of the best, and best values on the market.  I have a couple of 1977 Fonseca Ports that I'm saving until I die.  I plan on having a funeral pyre of Thai sticks, ignited by Port.....

I plan to be downwind.

Dave

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Somewhere in a storeroom in N Tx I have (or did have) several wooden cases of Mateus from Lajes I brought back in the '70's

For a while in my 20s, cold turkey sandwiches with Mateus were a brief tradition in my home with Thanksgiving leftovers. 

Dave

5 minutes ago, Mallette said:

How can you tell?

Dave

Last year, as a pitcher he threw to pick off someone at first and missed by a mile.  Since then he NEVER throws to a base, and even as a pitcher he won't throw to 1st to keep the base runner from stealing.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jon-lester-first-base-throws-yips-2015-4

In this case he had a chance to throw to second to get the lead runner, but instead he tossed it underhand to first.

He then struck out the last batter for out 3.  :P

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

While deployed there I heard my mom liked wine. As a gift I brought some back. She didn't like it and the crates went into storage at her house. 

I'd hazard a guess that you could make some good money selling it as red wine vinegar about now....

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

I'd hazard a guess that you could make some good money selling it as red wine vinegar about now....

Or paint remover and that was what I thought about it back then, never been a vino guy.

7 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Last year, as a pitcher he threw to pick off someone at first and missed by a mile.  Since then he NEVER throws to a base, and even as a pitcher he won't throw to 1st to keep the base runner from stealing.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jon-lester-first-base-throws-yips-2015-4

In this case he had a chance to throw to second to get the lead runner, but instead he tossed it underhand to first.

He then struck out the last batter for out 3.  :P

Well, don't know squat about the game, but what you describe does not sound rational.  Why would management keep him playing is, perhaps, the most important question.

Dave