New Klipsch cloth from Mr.Crites

ZEUS121996

So along with all my other projects I'm behind on, I started to get the grills for the Super Heresys going. I know some people wanted to see the new cloth and my impressions of it. I couldn't find the original thread I started, so this is what you get. With one hand out of order I can't attach the cloth to the grill yet, this is just so you can see the new material. What I found is that it's easier to work with than the Black nylon? material and looks good too.

This pair is going to Jimbo if he wants them

MarkCLOTH1.jpg

CLOTH2.jpg

grill4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ricktate said:

Looks good.....I was wondering is there a blue print or drawing of dimensions of the top motor board section for k-horns. I'm thinking I want to try a different color such as the white cloth on mine. But I don't want to tear mine off to do it cause I spent a lot of time and money on the current ones.

There was a guy who was selling the wood section on e-bay but he wanted 400 bucks for them....crazy .... I'm not sure how I would cut out the holes just yet just bouncing idea around in my head.

Maybe someone could start a business doing this or am I the only one thinking about trying different color grill cloth?

always built xtra grill boards so i could use different color cloth

DCP_2141.JPG

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ricktate said:

Well what I meant was build just the wooden frame for the cloth.....you would cover it your self. I wish I had taken measurements of mine before I covered them. That way I could build another set of motor boards with different cloth. 

I have my 73 Khorns completely torn down, I could trace a template for you

Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Budman said:

It looks almost like a thick linen

Mark

1 hour ago, oldred said:

Nice.....How difficult is it to keep the pattern parallel and square?

George,

I think when I complete the 2nd one, I will work side to side rather than top to bottom. I just lined up one of the rows with a grill edge and made sure it was laying flat. Then pull slightly and try and keep even stretch. George, I'm 5 minutes away and still have the other grill to do. I can bring it by and hopefully show you. Then it's on to the Khorns. I'll shoot you my #

Mark