Has anyone listened to your Klipsch home theater and said they didn't like it?

Kain

Just wondering.

So, has anyone come over to your house to listen to your Klipsch home theater and said that they didn't like the sound?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung WS-36Z4HF (36" Direct View 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Not yet alteast, if they do say that, they won't be leaving the house alive Wink.gif j/k I doubt many people wouldn't like Klipsch, it's just that damn good Smile.gif

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:s>

Klipsch RF-3's (Front Mains)c>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Klipsch RS-3's (Rear Surrounds)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Mitsubishi 60" Big Screen VS-60609c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

It would be pretty rude for someone to enter your home and critize your precious belongings, so I'm not sure the question makes any point other than your friends are polite.

HT systems are unique for each person's budget, space, and tastes so one must be deciplined to focus on pleasing yourself/the owners yet it is very easy to get focused on using HT as something to show off and impress...kinda like cars...the "I gotta have one better than yours attitute." At a minimum we all want people to be as impressed as we are with our system. I often feel argumentative when I recommend Klipsch Heritage and get a negative response.

On another note I'm really interested in getting dual SVS Ultras to enjoy reference level bass, but as my wife reminds me the value in that feature may be limited to brief demos and those rare times I'm home alone and have time to watch a movie.

quote:

It would be pretty rude for someone to enter your home and critize your precious belongings

DOH! I forgot about that "point." cwm3.gif

So, I guess it would be "impossible" for someone to say they don't like your home theater. Wink.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung WS-36Z4HF (36" Direct View 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

quote:

Originally posted by KAiN64:

So, I guess it would be "impossible" for someone to say they don't like your home theater.
Wink.gif

Nope. WHen we had the Synergy 6 here my friend came over and was trying to convince me that his BOSE home theater was way better than mine, and on top of that it beat it in size... i take that as he did not like it. he now has an Aiwa home theater, as if that is much better...

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

Nope. I have a Denon 3802 & Klipsch RB5IIs, RC3II, RS3IIs with a KSW12 sub. Still need to upgrade my TV & DVD player. The sound kicks pretty good. I uaually demo the system with "The Matrix" the lobby shootout & helicopter scenes & "Pearl Harbor" battle scenes. Most of my friends & relatives sit there with their jaws dropping (after they're done ducking for cover). I use The Eagles HFO for a good concert DVD. Even those who said they didn't like The Eagles seemed to gain a new appreciation for ther music & sound.

------------------

Lew

Not Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll

This message has been edited by lovedrummin on 09-12-2002 at 12:37 PM

YES

Pisses me off!

My family says nice speakers, BIG ENOUGH, to my Klipschorns

Also they like to talk while watching a movie!

I have only 1 freind here that enjoys the theater with us!

I offered my brother a set of Chorus for free, and he said what the hell would i do with them!

They went back to Vegas the next day!

My wife is building her own system with the other set of chorus, using the old Pioneer QX 9900, that was a rare find!

Shell have her own music set up, instead of digging thru 1,000 of my CDS!

Also she likes to sing, and the Pioneer QX 9900, is the only reciever ive seen thats does this, it has a nice mic section!

Regards Jim

Wife thinks it's way overkill and not needed. I would agree, it's not NEEDED, but is sure nice to have.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)

VIDEO: InFocus ScreenPlay DLP Projector

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

f>

Nope.

When they see my 9.2 set up, they all say "Do you think you have enough speakers, John?"

I always politely say "No, never enough."

When they hear my system, the response is always the same.

Lots of "Wows" and "Damns"

The ambient sounds always keep their heads turning, trying to figure out where a sound just came from.

I love it.

Of course, I have a few friends that swear by their RE series Vegas.

They say their REs' are better than my RFs.

I just think they're jealous.

Cuz, there ain't no way any vega RE,RS,LS or E series speaker is gonna top any Klipsch of the same size.

It just isn't happening.

Like I say to them.

"You fools wouldn't know quality if it bit you on the ***,"

"Either you like my system, or i'll beat you down with my RF7 grille." Smile.gif

That usually shuts them up....NOT.

------------------

You should of heard just what I've seen.

Thats a pretty nutty thing to do AR. I would never do that with my RF-7s grilles knowing how delicate they are. I only had three people that did not like my Klipsch speakers. Quasimoto, Beethoven and Tommy. They were deadbeats anyway. Hey wait a minute there was one other. Heres the story. I was on safari in the Congo in search of a trio of monkeys that legend claims are the ONLY species left on earth that knows no evil. A group of us were gathering fungus for a Jimmy Hendrix anniversary party we were to attend that evening from a giant Baobab tree while I was doing my Bungle in the Jungle routine around a an ant hill when all of a sudden my aluminum foil chewing gum popped right out of my mouth and ...........Wait a minute! I'm wandering again. What was I saying? Oh yeah. I remember.

Aye an' a bit of Mackeral settler rack and ruin

ran it doon by the haim, 'ma place

well I slapped me and I slapped it doon in the side

and I cried, cried, cried.

The fear a fallen down taken never back the raize and then Craig Marion,

get out wi' ye Claymore out mi pocket a' ran doon, doon the middin stain

picking the fiery horde that was fallen around ma feet.

Never he cried, never shall it ye get me alive

ye rotten hound of the burnie crew. Well I snatched fer the blade O my

Claymore cut and thrust and I fell doon before him round his feet.

Aye! A roar he cried frae the bottom of his heart that I would nay fall

but as dead, dead as 'a can be by his feet; de ya ken?

...and the wind cried back.

Thank You. Vroooooooooooooooooooom

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

Well, my mom says its too loud.

The 20 other people I have shown it to grin after the first bass note hits. My humble system is by FAR the best system in our entire extended family.

My rich aunt has a Bose system and over 2,000 CD's. Geez-

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

"It would be pretty rude for someone to enter your home and critize your precious belongings"

I find myself on the other end of this usually. People know I know alot about these things and ask me how I like there system. I usually have to lie and tell them it sounds good, so I don't hurt there feelings.

JM

I never had anybody say they don't like the sound of my theater. I had 8 people over one night to watch LotR and they all said it was awesome! They all even said they liked it better than going to the regular movie theater (and all of us had seen LotR at the movies).

I do also agree with m00n. We don't really need this, but it sure as hell nice to have Smile.gif.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

I think the best sign of approval is for someone to hear your system and then buy a similar setup for themselves. If they spend the same on a totallly different system when yours would have fit their space, you may be getting an unsaid statement that they didn't find your system to their tastes.

Most people without a big HT setup are impressed with just about any surround sound. I've impressed folks with my older hodge-podge setup with Hitachi speakers, CSW center speaker plus, Energy Take2 rears and CSW sub powered by an old Denon AVR-2000 with only the original Dolby Pro-Logic. It kicks butt over a standard TV. Of course I've also gotten a lot of recommendations on what I should be doing to improve...

1. My mother - Turn that sh@t down.

2. My Father - Why do you need all those speakers?

3. My Fiance - Why don't you by me something nice instead of your speakers. ( although she said it is the most clear system she has ever heard.)

4. The Police - Knock Knock "Mr. Zander..." J/K

------------------

27" 3 line digital comb filter JVC TV

Denon AVR-2802 Receiver

Denon CDM-270 CD Player

Aiwa DVD Player (sucks)

Klipsch RF3-II's Fronts

Klipsch RC3-II Center

Infinity HPS-250 Subwoofer

Yamaha ??? surrounds

69"X76" Hand made oak entertainment center.

WHAT?

Not a fat chance,if any clown dares question my audio choices they will be forced to listen to my Klipsch RF series at TheEAR Reference Ear Bleed level!

HT is the reason I purchased Klipsch! Two pairs of RF-7's,one pair of RF-5's and one RC-7.And voila the power Klipsch comes to life.Efortless,huge dynamic range and clarity few can match.HT at its best

Just add a few( 5 now! LOL)Sunfires and mix with ATI amps and you get an idea.POWER to behold

SO far all agree,Klipsch is a best buy HT all the way.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

When are you going to get some pictures? I know they have technology in Quebec.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org