Own-up to a gross misquote I made last year about AL-3 network

jwc

"""So would I buy a pair of La scalas with AL-3 networks in them and think that I can't do better?  I bought a pair like that once that was about 8 years old so I wouldn't say the caps were old.  They sounded terrible.  I couldn't believe it.  I have been through KG series, fortes, Heresies....and the la scala was an upgrade.  When I would show them off to other people...I really wouldn't play them....I just kinda said "hey look at these cool things I got."   I left them that way for years and really listened to my KG5.2's instead.  Then one day I took a chance and bought non-Klipsch networks from a forum member here and threw away the old networks.  Now that was definitely the best sounding klipsch I had heard in my house ever up to that point."""

-Note this was an experience of mine in 2004.-

So last year I made this above statement in a heavily debated thread that was later locked (New Hardware by John Warren).  It has been buggin' me that I made this statement that was not correct.

The Klipsch network I didn't care for was the AL network, ........Not the AL-3.   So no I didn't buy an 8 year old speaker with AL-3 in it.  That is stupid and I don't know what I was thinking.  I wish somebody had called out my ignorance....so the post lived-on in error.

No discussion needed here.  I would have posted my error in the original thread but it is locked.

jc

I am the same way.  I HATE making mistakes.  Even when nobody else cares.  Even when I'm the only one who would notice.

I'm glad you came clean, but I'm not getting on you, not even a little bit.  I just think it's smart to NOT carry around unfinished business.  Say what you need to say, say that is on your mind, then move on, you don't have to think about it again.

Give yourself a bit of a break for not being perfect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, heavyP said:

oooooouf! (relief sigh) as i'm about to buy La Scala with AL-3... everybody makes mistakes and it's great to be able correct them when it's possible.

good day and music to you!

Exactly.  Now somebody can google "la scala" and "AL-3" and see my incorrect post.  I can't change it....the thread is locked.   This could have an impact on somebodies audio decisions and I don't like it.

I have no beef with the AL-3.

Maybe Chad can change AL-3 to AL in my stupid post.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jwc said:

Now somebody can google "la scala" and "AL-3" and see my incorrect post.  I can't change it....the thread is locked.   This could have an impact on somebodies audio decisions and I don't like it.

That person will most likely then come across this post.  It's good you cleared the air.

5 hours ago, jwc said:

Exactly.  Now somebody can google "la scala" and "AL-3" and see my incorrect post.  I can't change it....the thread is locked.   This could have an impact on somebodies audio decisions and I don't like it.

Would you be so kind as to post a link to make it easy to find ?

Don't recall reading this before but does not mean i haven't, seems the older we get the more we forget. :unsure2:

I had lascalas (1996) with AL-3 networks and they sounded good to me.  This was several years ago.  Looking back, and after messing with a lot of different networks, I would still say they were good.

I did replace the AL-3 with ALK Super X and I felt they were MUCH better after that............but at that point they were no longer Klipsch speakers.:)

• Moderators
9 hours ago, jwc said:

Should be fixed, page 12

" So would I buy a pair of La scalas with AL networks in them and think that I can't do better?  "

From my experience in 2004.....as of note, you could go back and look at all my posts around then as I'm trying to figure out what to do with my la scala.... that was difficult for me to listen to.  My wife thought they sucked.  Prior to that, we used to jam out for years with My Carver stuff and Klipsch KG 5.2's.

At that time, I remember not being able to actually get a replacement from Klipsch.  It could be the subtle change in drivers over time may not be compatible with different Klipsch networks.

Any body know if this is possible now?  Can you pick up an 1984 la scala and put Klipsch replacement networks in there?

• Moderators

No way, I owe you, and will for a long time, I think about that everytime I listen at home.

It was your idea to try the mwm's/402 horn, then make it possible for me to get some, you also recommended the Crown D 75's, I still use them. So you just about set me up ! :D