Jubilee advice needed.

RSVRMAN

I was thinking I'll hold onto my EAW 2500 pair - I have someone circling one of em, I may have to shoo him off. Otherwise I was hoping to use this crest 900 I have for the MF/HF section and 1 EAW for the bass bin.

Has anyone used the EAW2500 for the bass bin - same as QSC 2450 really.

Thanks.

Srinath.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 4:16 PM, jwc said:

Concur with Crown D-45 and D-75A.  Very good amps to use with speaker processors and high efficiency speakers.

OMG guys. These are very small amps. I have lots and lots and lots of amps in this small category, adcom 535, 5300, 5200, 5500, audiosource 100, gem 1000, and more by  nad, nikko, carver, onkyo power amps from 100-200 watts -

I think I need to find a couple of 2ch/3ch crossovers. That should let me run these either vertically biamped or horizontally biamped. Be it 3 way or 2 way.

But, then, do you guys think putting in a passive crossover and running them out of just 1 channel from a receiver isn't a great idea. I'll run a high quality receiver, maybe a Yamaha Z9 or something or maybe run a proceed amp 5 from an emotiva umc 200.

Thanks.

Srinath.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Srinath said:

These are very small amps. I have lots and lots and lots of amps in this small category, adcom 535, 5300, 5200, 5500, audiosource 100, gem 1000, and more by  nad, nikko, carver, onkyo power amps from 100-200 watts -

I think it has more to do with how clean those little amps sound, and they are enough power, I guess try some of the others out and see how they sound since you have them already.

There is a forum member who has EAW's, not sure of the model. This is him....... https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/profile/57941-minermark/&wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjE0ODE0MSwiaWRfMiI6MjA5NDg3MH0=

Gem is a crown ce1000 re-branded, and to my ears the adcom 5500 sounds far better than most of the rest, ooo I also have a adcom gfa1 - but the adcom 5500 will not drive a speaker that needs current - like a B&W 801/802 matrix, the gfa 1 will blow with anything that is a variable impedance - if it gets below 4 ohm, its likely to fry. The best amp I have for a variable load to my ears is a proceed amp 5, but its a 125 X 5 amp and I guess I could drive the HF section X 2 and the bass bin X 2 with 4 of the 5 and leave the 5th one unused - or drive the center (likely to be a KLF 10 turned horizontal when its not in 2 ch only use)

I have to dig through the pile of amps and try them one at a time I guess. And repeat that exercise with the pre or the HT processor and repeat it all when I go HDMI in that room. I am going to start with the Khorn and the Z9 cos those are already sitting in that room and go from there. For now a short throw projector needing bulb is going to finish out that room. EV's triaxials put in as mids and a pair of RCA linaeum fitted bookshelves will finish the 7 ch setup.

Thanks.

Srinath.

On 12/21/2016 at 7:02 AM, Chris A said:

Those B&C driver settings on a K-402 probably need to be linked for future reference.   I couldn't find them.

I haven't read the whole thread to see if someone has posted them yet but...

Here they are

DX-38 settings for Jubilee with K402 & BNC 75.pdf

PDF form and TLX for anyone with the DX38 (or compatible crossover if appropriate)

RACE Jubilee with K402 & BNC 75.tlx

• Like 1

On 12/27/2016 at 4:29 PM, Chris A said:

No channel strapping is required.  Each channel of the D-75A or D-45 are either powerful enough for either a 2" compression driver or a Jubilee bass bin.  I currently use three of the D-75As in my 5.2, one powering the Jub bass bins, one powering the surround Cornwalls, and one biamping the center K-402-MEH.  I haven't tried mono-amping a Jubilee, which would require a passive crossover.  I think it would have more than sufficient current capabilities to do this.

I use a First Watt F3 on the TAD compression drivers (which is a very clean and wide-band amplifier...$$), and two Crown XTi-1000s, one each for powering respective tapped horn subwoofers. 

Chris

Chris,

I've been looking at purchasing a First Watt amp for my TAD4002/Eliptrac 400 combo.  I was looking at the J2 or SIT-2.  Are you pleased with the sound coming from your TAD's from mr. Pass's design?  Also, does anyone know where i can find a good starter point for active crossover setting for the TAD 4002 w/ an Eliptrac 400 horn.  I know a guy that can come over and take some measurements to do it but if someone already has a good starting point may help.  K-402 and Jub bins were my end goal but i couldn't find any during the time i was ready to make purchases.  Ended up with Altec 817/JBL 2226 and TAD4002/Eliptrac 400, now just need to get it all to play well with each other.  Thanks

17 hours ago, JustAuBy said:

Are you pleased with the sound coming from your TAD's from mr. Pass's design?

Yes, very much so. I use an F3.

17 hours ago, JustAuBy said:

Also, does anyone know where i can find a good starter point for active crossover setting for the TAD 4002 w/ an Eliptrac 400 horn.

No. but the use of REW and a calibration microphone can make short work of determining the EQ needed (if the maker of the Elliptrac doesn't have settings available).

Chris

15 hours ago, Chris A said:

...but the use of REW and a calibration microphone can make short work of determining the EQ needed (if the maker of the Elliptrac doesn't have settings available).

Chris

If you're willing to ship one horn to Arlington, Texas, I'd be willing to test it and ship it back to you with the PEQ settings that I'd use. 

Today is a really, really good day. I placed the order for the Jubilees. I also received my DC-One in the mail. :)

I'm sure I will have more questions down the line. I want to say thank you for everyone's contribution thus far and those as well answering in PM's. You know who you are. I cannot begin to say how appreciative I am of your efforts.

DC-One.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, RSVRMAN said:

Today is a really, really good day. I placed the order for the Jubilees. I also received my DC-One in the mail. :)

Congratulations, this is a good day, not as good as the day those big boxes arrive and it get;s set up. Prepare to be impressed. :D 

He's right.  They also make a dandy of a large flare up on a fire!

A mix of deliver to both Mike's and my house.

That's an 8' bucket on the front of that backhoe.

Cantilope, what crossover are you using?  Do you have K69 or B&C driver on the 402?

And...  (for me a very interesting question...) did you buy them with....or without having (ever) hearing them first?

Copy of DSCN2696.JPGDSCN2672.JPGDSCN2679.JPG

Copy of DSCN2695.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Congratulations, this is a good day, not as good as the day those big boxes arrive and it get;s set up. Prepare to be impressed. :D 

I can't wait. I may start french braiding my cables to pass the time. 

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

Congrats, i would like to hear how ordering your Jubilees went. Also keep us posted once delivered as i am sure you well.

The ordering process was easier than giving your account info to claim your Nigerian Prince lost funds. Not a lot of options, so you can choose quite easily. 

Will for sure share once I get them and operating. If anything, I'm hopeful someone has learned something new in this thread or it could be a source to help others with decisions. 

Too many pics to Quote Coyotee, Thank you for sharing! I never knew thats how they came, for their size I actually would have thought they would have been on a pallett with straps. Glad to see they do that type of packaging. I will be keeping my boxes, they will make a nice shelter if my wife ever decides to throw me out. 

For anyone reading this thread...(and RSVRMAN might punch me for saying this....but....I'm a really fast runner)

Out of the 33 Jubilee owners that have responded (27) it seems most had not heard (in person) the Jubilee prior to purchase.  Most however, were current, prior Khorn owners or were familiar with the Khorn sound.

That is to say, 63% of owners, bought them without having heard them first.  (I do not fall into this camp)

What intrigued me is RSVRMAN has not even heard Khorns

Talk about a leap of faith!!

Most of us recall the first time we heard Khorns and that 'OMG' thought that filled our heads

It's going to be interesting to hear his first impressions.

• Like 2