Horn-player    1

Dear Audiophiles!

This thread provides a lot of very valuable first-hand accounts on how the new Forte III’s sound. 

On the other hand, in addition to the above anecdotal evidence, where can we find some objective data on the speakers under discussion: impedance/phase vs. frequency,  frequency response, etc. plots?  

In addition to flat frequency response, the design should also be phase coherent in the crossover regions, resulting, in my understanding, in a speaker that images exceptionally well.

I was searching for such objective data, and miserably failed to find any… I have also posted these questions on the other thread and so far got nothing… 

Please chime in!  

• Like 1

JohnJ    409
22 minutes ago, Horn-player said:

In addition to flat frequency response, the design should also be phase coherent in the crossover regions, resulting, in my understanding, in a speaker that images exceptionally well.

I was searching for such objective data, and miserably failed to find any… I have also posted these questions on the other thread and so far got nothing… 

Excellent queries there newbie! Deep in this thread when I found this place months ago there was mention by respectable screen-named people that the mid driver and I think the "mumps" horn also the titanium tweeter came from the Klipsch Professional Speakers. Not having gone through every post again today I can only tell you that the Forte III will go down as one of the best Klipsch has ever put out. I'm a fan because I heard and then bought some Heresy IIs in 1991. Still have `em, but my F3s sound much more full and it's not just the additional bass response. I'd suggest searching for posts here by @dtel , @dtel's wife, and especially @Chief bonehead who perpetrated these Forte IIIs on my wallet:D

Horn-player    1

Thank you very much JohnJ!

Hopefully, somebody from the distinguished forum members you kindly mentioned will shade some light for all of us, inquiring minds... I, in turn, will continue my search, and promise to report on my findings for the benefit of all.

Please chime in!

Ski Bum    307

Klipsch has an anechoic chamber, yes?  They should post full polars, or aggregate measurements like JBL 'spinorama'.  I'm sure the fIII would make a decent showing for themselves, but it would be nice to see some data.