Forte III

oldred

@jjptkd yep delve into this thread and you will see from the chief himself talking about the evolution of the mumps horn. I also see your keen interest on the midrange just now going back only a couple pages. The full three range sound I have not heard this good in a long time. My Heresy IIs from 1991 obviously need help from Bob C. when I can get to it. I doubt they could match the total package from the F3s unless I radically modify them.

Rock-n-Rolla!

• Like 2

I believe they are @BlueHusky79 see those perpendicular lines through the grain, that's what happens when they mix English Walnut with California Walnut trees. Mine are similar to those above., but I'd bet those sound magical with a separate tube amplifier for each channel.

Chad warned me the finish was going to be lighter than my cherry Heresy. He told me I could order them in the same finish as the Heresy for an up charge and a longer wait. I decided not to wait.  The picture is lighter than it is in person. I'm still liking 'em.  Doesn't have as deep of an orange tint.

Time to plug them up.....

IMG_0047.JPG

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BlueHusky79 said:

Surprised that the Heresy (Assume a Heresy III) and Forte both in cherry that the finish is so different.

If you recall how much upcost to have Forte III match the previous Heresy in cherry, pls share? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They look fine. Just wasn't expecting the difference. It was a shock. Thought it would be a couple shades..

i was told Klipsch will do any custom finish for an up charge. He thought it would be a couple hundred to match the Heresy III

Yes the difference is surprising, I also would have assumed a shade or two difference. Your pictures show the difference as dramatic. My other half will either chose pay (if very reasonable) or go with Ebony/black. When I can get her onboard. Enjoy the sound!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Listening to these for like 10 minutes. I've had Rp-280's and Heresy's. These are a grand slam. Turned the sub off.

My addiction is over.  These are the best sounding speakers I've ever heard. Done buying. And I still have a Parasound coming....

On to retirement.

• Like 8