Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
oldred

Forte III

Recommended Posts

Got to work today ........a guy showed me a phone shot about a up coming Forte III.   Is this for real?

 

George,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klipsch Ces 2017 Forte

RETURN ENGAGEMENT

Back by popular demand, the Klipsch Forté III delivers classic Heritage performance with new retro-cool styling. Hand-made in Hope, AR, this sonic marvel packs a punch while providing clear, multi-dimensional sound. Forté’s narrow profile and clean lines harbor a wealth of advanced acoustic technology. As the first truly full-range speaker in the Heritage lineup, audiophiles will be impressed by Forté’s highly-efficient horn loaded tweeter and updated larger mid-range driver – both with new titanium diaphragms for a smoother response. The slim design houses a powerful 12” woofer and 15” passive radiator for jaw-dropping tight, enveloping bass.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an excellent speaker to bring back.  Like gymnastic, this could be Klipsch all around winner!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to hearing more about it, definitely an exciting and unexpected re-release. They really did a great job owning the modern-retro look with that cabinet and grille combination too, they should commission matching furniture!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love my forte II, excited for the forte III. They just need to bring back it's bigger brother, the chorus III now.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this is incredible! My heart fluttered a little when I first read this. I wonder which mid horn they will use?  Hopefully not the same 701 as in the new Cornwall & Heresy as that would be taking a step back from the forte II. Exciting times we live in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

Love my forte II, excited for the forte III. They just need to bring back it's bigger brother, the chorus III now.

With out a doubt!!

The Chorus is one of the best Klipsch has ever made.....IMHO They put out music that few speakers can match in there foot print.

Chorus III, Chorus III, Chorus III

I would really consider buying a Chorus III

 

MKP :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am overly excited for the Forte III.

 

I also own the Chorus II and love them. I doubt the Chorus III would ever show up. The Chorus was meant to be the replacement for the Cornwall, but the purists complained and the Cornwall was brought back and Chorus removed. Since Klipsch has the Cornwall, I don't think there's a slot for the Chorus III.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the info from Rogelio Delgado Jr. that was posted from another forum QUOTE......

The tweeter is the same as the one in heresy and Cornwall. The mid is a 1.75" diap that has a phase plug I designed. The horn is my latest greatest tractrix used in some commercial product. And the voicing is....like it's supposed to be. Think ki 396..... The bass is tighter and more excursion. It has all the latest I have been taught and have learned. Come to the pilgrimage. I will have a surprise for all.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, sad about not bringing back a Chorus III but it would be too similar to the Cornwall III and would probably easily best it at a lower price. After looking through the pictures I'm betting the new forte III has the same mid horn as the new "15" model. Looks like it would fit and can't really see Klipsch designing two completely new horns so similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the demo pair of Forte III's setup in the Klipsch booth.  We've already had great feedback and the show hasn't even officially opened yet! 

 

I'll grab a better picture of the Forte III in California Black Walnut (also on display) and post it when I get a chance.

 

Kerry

IMG_1480.JPG

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow those look great !!!! cant wait to hear em....also wonder what the price tag will be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jjptkd said:
5 minutes ago, istics said:

wow those look great !!!! cant wait to hear em....also wonder what the price tag will be?

Those are really nice looking!! I'm guessing price will be between 2900.00 to 3300.00

 

 

Edited by agreen60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dBspl said:

Here's the demo pair of Forte III's setup in the Klipsch booth.  We've already had great feedback and the show hasn't even officially opened yet! 

 

I'll grab a better picture of the Forte III in California Black Walnut (also on display) and post it when I get a chance.

 

Kerry

IMG_1480.JPG

 

Very nice, thanks for sharing! Any chance you could take a picture with the grill covers off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look phenomenal! You can definitely see the big mid-horn through the grilles there, I thought it was visible in the press photo but it's for certain now. Very excited about these.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very intrigued with this new Forte.  Do we have confirmation that the midhorn is a newer tractrix variation of Roy's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, agreen60 said:

This is the info from Rogelio Delgado Jr. that was posted from another forum QUOTE......

The tweeter is the same as the one in heresy and Cornwall. The mid is a 1.75" diap that has a phase plug I designed. The horn is my latest greatest tractrix used in some commercial product. And the voicing is....like it's supposed to be. Think ki 396..... The bass is tighter and more excursion. It has all the latest I have been taught and have learned. Come to the pilgrimage. I will have a surprise for all.

 

With this quote from Chief Bonehead I'm a bit surprised the "lll" didn't follow the 396 and for that matter the re-designed KHorn (Jubilee) as a 2-way design. Although with obvious intention to follow past design criteria a new Forte would "need" to be 3-way much like the CWlll. The 2017 Pilgrammage might well be an eye opener. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, agreen60 said:

 

know the question is sell my modified forte ii's and get some iii's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Yes, sad about not bringing back a Chorus III but it would be too similar to the Cornwall III and would probably easily best it at a lower price. After looking through the pictures I'm betting the new forte III has the same mid horn as the new "15" model. Looks like it would fit and can't really see Klipsch designing two completely new horns so similar.

 

Yes, I understand the Chorus III would be similar to the Cornwall III. But imho the Chorus has always blown away the the Cornwall. 

I liked my Cornwalls when I had them and still think there a great speaker but they just can't hang with the Chorus.

and.......I am not complaning Klipsch has brought back the Forte`, I think it's great:D

 

MKP :-)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...