Severe weather

richieb

The early spring, very warm weather is already spawning tornados around the KC area. Several already on the ground but close to us, yet. The line is here around 7:15. And yeah, the weather folks are like a junior high football team in their first game of the year. The "mobile weather center" is on the road gathering needed information. The latest is hail the size of, yeah I'm not kidding, garbanzo beans. And if none of you have ever experienced this when the sun goes down, it gets dark. 

All kidding aside I think early warm weather will make for rough weather in the Midwest this spring. It was 76 today. 

• Like 1

For real richieb,

There seems to be no shortage of crazy weather going on around the country. We had a warm front come in last week and caused some major crapp here...... and were on the East coast.

You Midwest guys be safe!!

2 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

Sorry guys, I don't hide from em, I chase em.

You go IbizaFlame ;)

MKP :-)

• Like 1

We have these things called tornado sirens mounted on telephone poles. They scare the tornados away I think. Sometimes they go off 30 minutes after the bad weather passes.

Sometimes they don't go off. Nowhere to hide anyway. We never had them in the old days. I don't know how we survived. But if I lived in Kansas I would definitely have a cement room somewhere.

JJK

• Like 2

Of, course we have siren warning too and they are usually spot on. When they sound off its best to start paring close attention to what's shaping up around you. Of course that means most men are standing in their driveways trying to catch a visual. Seeing a twister on its way - beat a path to the basement bunker. 

I will never forget a tornado that virtually wiped out the state capital, Topeka. With our neighbors we piled in the car to see for ourselves and yeah when there's a direct hit its bad, real bad. There was nothing left. Except, and I never forget this bit of levity, a neighborhood is gone but the toilets are still there. So we joked when a twister is bearing down hit the bathroom, take a seat and ride the bittch out. 

• Like 1

On the road with the team right now.  We're heading to Iowa City then following the line back into the Quad Cities.  Severe Thunderstorm Warning in Iowa City just now, so we're booking it double time to beat it through.

• Like 2