Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@KROCK i'm a bit jealous.  You're postin some great stuffs!  Here I am strugglin thru another day.  lol  Nothing to see here!  Ugh.  Sounds great though!  :)

Doobie-Brothers-Toulouse-Street-Quad-197

This old quad was sittin there so may as well.  lol  Think I'm having withdrawals or close to it.  My mailman asked me if I was broke since he hadn't delivered anything in a week or two.     lolol

Toulouse Street is the second studio album by American rock band the Doobie Brothers. It was released in July 1972, by Warner Bros. Records.

Toulouse Street is the name of a street in the French Quarter of New Orleans. The cover and inside centerfold photos were taken at a former brothel on Toulouse Street. :)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Talking about collections.... I´m in the process of trying to sell my collection of Laser Discs. Anyone remember those, LPs pretending to be DVDs. I don´t want to think about the money I spend on buying those 25 years ago – And what litte I will get back now, if any...

They could be worth a bundle Andre

https://flipsy.com/article/1045/sell-laserdiscs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GWSmith said:

WOW Paul, what a great link!  Those are bringing big $$$ for sure :emotion-21:.

I had a bit of a search on the media and thought of how eBay actually started by one person not wanting or needing an item/object and another wanted that very thing 

Me thinks that the same rules apply to Laser Discs (more for collectors)

9 hours ago, Full Range said:

They could be worth a bundle Andre

https://flipsy.com/article/1045/sell-laserdiscs

Thanks Paul! Unfortunately Laser Discs were something of a niche-product in Europe and especially in Germany. There seem to be a few collectors now, but they won´t dish out the kind of money collectors do in the US or maybe Down-Under. Wish I was still in Japan, things are very different there...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

Thanks Paul! Unfortunately Laser Discs were something of a niche-product in Europe and especially in Germany. There seem to be a few collectors now, but they won´t dish out the kind of money collectors do in the US or maybe Down-Under. Wish I was still in Japan, things are very different there...

Nothing stopping you from posting an advert on Japan or USA ebay 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 9:34 PM, Full Range said:

This artist passed away last week 

If you want to know more about him then search out the documentary 

Searching for Sugar Man 

RIP - Sixto Rodrigues

Album - Cold Fact 

IMG-4560.jpg

As it happens, I saw that very LP in the vinyl section at London Drugs today.  That's the drugstore that sells Sony and Dual turntables and has a small demo room featuring mostly Klipsch Reference Series speakers.  Hopefully, Sixto's children will see a fair share of the profits earned by his record sales.

Also, I second the recommendation for Searching For Sugar Man.  It's the very interesting story about how a fan wondered what had happened to Sixto Rodriguez and followed every clue he could find, in order to learn what had happened to the performer who was a superstar in South Africa, but never learned about it and seemed to have disappeared.  It's a heartwarming story.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

And all I have is a mono switch / setting on the phono stage

@Full RangeDidn't you just get another deck? Maybe set that arm up with an Mono cart.

Do you have many Mono LPs?

I just remembered, you just swapped out the you front end. 🙄

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KROCK said:

@Full RangeDidn't you just get another deck? Maybe set that arm up with an Mono cart.

Do you have many Mono LPs?

I just remembered, you just swapped out the you front end. 🙄

I had to count the mono LPs in the collection 

New and very old releases are a total of 37 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Islander said:

As it happens, I saw that very LP in the vinyl section at London Drugs today.  That's the drugstore that sells Sony and Dual turntables and has a small demo room featuring mostly Klipsch Reference Series speakers.  Hopefully, Sixto's children will see a fair share of the profits earned by his record sales.

Also, I second the recommendation for Searching For Sugar Man.  It's the very interesting story about how a fan wondered what had happened to Sixto Rodriguez and followed every clue he could find, in order to learn what had happened to the performer that was a superstar in South Africa, but never learned about it and seemed to have disappeared.  It's a heartwarming story.

Do yourself a favour and buy that LP 

• Thanks 2

Hi,

I complete my collection of Miles: So I bought two superb albums this month! I believe that I only have 4 or 5 studio albums left to obtain from Miles Ahead (they are already in my basket: hihihi...) and I will have "almost" all of Miles

For this first album, I already have the pieces of the disc on CD box sets, but not the disc itself, neither on CD nor on vinyl.

For the music: it's a Miles classic, Post-Bop Quintet period "Hancock, Shorter, Carter, Williams", the disc was released in 1967.

My copy is a superb reissue of MOV-Columbia in a limited and numbered edition, I have the 0254, it is a splendid green: I love it (the photo does not pay homage to it). The pressing is very successful, for me it is silent and the music is very beautiful

https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/27526917-Miles-Davis-Sorcerer

MDSorcerer.thumb.JPG.92ead532bca377db44844da3ca627bdd.JPG

😄

• Like 5