Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

This is Queens Arcade and I almost purchased - Caravan - Grey and Pink 

but my wife has the credit card and says NO!  😂

Ok Mr. Rugby.  I'm sitting here at midnight Saturday nite watching Syd and Bri playing rugby in the same Las Vegas stadium they had the Super Bowl in.  The place if full and the crowd is going insane.  8-0 Syd and some Brissy dude just clotheslined a dude from Sydney and they got a penalty.  He flat levelled him.  This schiit is BRUTAL!  No pads, no helmets just nads.  😂😂😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

This is Queens Arcade and I almost purchased - Caravan - Grey and Pink 

Almost? Would it have been a major investment, had You bought the LP? 😄

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Almost? Would it have been a major investment, had You bought the LP? 😄

THAT we'll never know but it's doubtful.  From what I've heard about those down under curises things could get wild.  Who'd want to tote around a bag full of lp's?  Not me!

BTW, Syd won the rugby game.  Those guys are tough and a bit insane.  I'm still clueless.  Time for coffee!  :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

but my wife has the credit card and says NO!  😂

Ok Mr. Rugby.  I'm sitting here at midnight Saturday nite watching Syd and Bri playing rugby in the same Las Vegas stadium they had the Super Bowl in.  The place if full and the crowd is going insane.  8-0 Syd and some Brissy dude just clotheslined a dude from Sydney and they got a penalty.  He flat levelled him.  This schiit is BRUTAL!  No pads, no helmets just nads.  😂😂😂

I watched the Rugby match too. Scrap the NFL and put Rugby in its place.

• Haha 3

75 here in Duckburg and the spring ritual has begun!  

Todd-Rundgren-Utopia-1st-press-1974.jpg

My 1974 1st press of Utiopia sounds great!    

Todd Rundgren's Utopia is the debut album by the American rock band Utopia, released in October 1974 on Bearsville Records. The band was formed in 1973 by musician, songwriter, and producer Todd Rundgren who decided to expand his musical style by moving from pop-oriented rock towards progressive rock. He assembled a six-piece group that featured three keyboardists and toured as a live act. Most of the album was recorded in the studio except "Utopia", the opening track, which was recorded live in concert November 3rd,1973.

The album peaked at number 34 on the Billboard 200 and critical reaction towards it was mixed.[4]

Nazareth-Hair-of-the-Dog-1975.jpg

Hair of the Dog is the sixth studio album by the Scottish hard rock band Nazareth, released on 3 April 1975. The album was recorded at Escape Studios, Kent, with additional recording and mixing at AIR Studios, London, and is the group's best known and highest selling release, with over two million copies sold worldwide.[3]

After three albums with Deep Purple's Roger Glover producing, Manny Charlton stepped into that position, one he filled for several subsequent albums.

joke1.jpg

Black Sabbath from 1972?  You go Ozzy!  😂💪

black_sabbath.jpg

Vol. 4 is the fourth studio album by English heavy metal band Black Sabbath, released in September 1972. It was the first album by Black Sabbath not produced by Rodger Bain; guitarist Tony Iommi assumed production duties. Patrick Meehan, the band's then-manager, was listed as co-producer, though his actual involvement in the album's production was minimal.  💪

:)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Can't forget this one!   :)

Traffic-Low-spark-of-high-heeled-boys197

"The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" is the title track from the 1971 album by British rock band Traffic, written by Jim Capaldi and Steve Winwood. Despite never being released as a single due to its long duration, it became a staple of North American AOR-format FM radio stations in the 1970s and still receives airplay on classic rock radio today.

• Like 8

On 3/4/2024 at 12:23 PM, Klipsch104db said:

WOW!

Screenshot_20240303_171936_Chrome.jpg

I only have 2 Zeppelin albums so that gives you an idea on my fan status 🤪 

I was to much into Prog music in those days to like them 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/5/2024 at 6:50 AM, Full Range said:

I only have 2 Zeppelin albums so that gives you an idea on my fan status 🤪 

I was to much into Prog music in those days to like them 

I was too young to understand their Muisc while they were a Supergroup , so I bought the first 4 Records when I was older. A couple of weeks ago I spun them all and I must admit they´re still a Supergroup  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I have just returned from my cruise vacation and the entertainers were keen to play some 70s classics 

Tonight some 70s music magic especially for the surfing culture of that time 

Artist - Neil Young 

Title - Harvest 

35-B2-A6-A9-8-DA1-4-EB1-BC40-69-F2-A665-

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Klipsch104db said:

Credits sourced from Prince Vault[1]

Morris Day - lead and backing vocals, spoken word, drums

Prince - backing vocals, spoken word, all other instruments

Vanity - spoken word

20240308_172110.jpg

I had the same promo copy many years ago as I´ve had worked as a prof. dj . I always received new LPs and maxi singles from the labels as promotional material to communicate and evaluate the audience's response with the labels. I had sorted out this record  😁

You mentioned Prince ..

you´re welcome

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2024 at 5:56 PM, Dave1291 said:

75 here in Duckburg and the spring ritual has begun!  

Todd-Rundgren-Utopia-1st-press-1974.jpg

My 1974 1st press of Utiopia sounds great!    

Todd Rundgren's Utopia is the debut album by the American rock band Utopia, released in October 1974 on Bearsville Records. The band was formed in 1973 by musician, songwriter, and producer Todd Rundgren who decided to expand his musical style by moving from pop-oriented rock towards progressive rock. He assembled a six-piece group that featured three keyboardists and toured as a live act. Most of the album was recorded in the studio except "Utopia", the opening track, which was recorded live in concert November 3rd,1973.

The album peaked at number 34 on the Billboard 200 and critical reaction towards it was mixed.[4]

Nazareth-Hair-of-the-Dog-1975.jpg

Hair of the Dog is the sixth studio album by the Scottish hard rock band Nazareth, released on 3 April 1975. The album was recorded at Escape Studios, Kent, with additional recording and mixing at AIR Studios, London, and is the group's best known and highest selling release, with over two million copies sold worldwide.[3]

After three albums with Deep Purple's Roger Glover producing, Manny Charlton stepped into that position, one he filled for several subsequent albums.

joke1.jpg

Black Sabbath from 1972?  You go Ozzy!  😂💪

black_sabbath.jpg

Vol. 4 is the fourth studio album by English heavy metal band Black Sabbath, released in September 1972. It was the first album by Black Sabbath not produced by Rodger Bain; guitarist Tony Iommi assumed production duties. Patrick Meehan, the band's then-manager, was listed as co-producer, though his actual involvement in the album's production was minimal.  💪

@johnj

I'll  rather have him have a sock... than chewing on albums....

John sent   me aerosmith draw the line that his pup chewed  on the cover... but the vinyl was in most excellent condition  !Screenshot_20240309_074943_Gallery.thumb.jpg.446d5ec392ad36cb97681ad7d97f0cf9.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Full Range said:

I have just returned from my cruise vacation and the entertainers were keen to play some 70s classics 

Tonight some 70s music magic especially for the surfing culture of that time 

Artist - Neil Young 

Title - Harvest 

35-B2-A6-A9-8-DA1-4-EB1-BC40-69-F2-A665-

It's more like this

Baking in the sun , fosters , smoking mother nature,  and listening to the beach boys

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

It's more like this

Baking in the sun , fosters , smoking mother nature,  and listening to the beach boys

One of the best beach Boys albums ever.

• Like 2

Well, I'm hot blooded, check it and see

I got a fever of a hundred and three

Come on baby, do you do more than dance?

I'm hot blooded, I'm hot blooded

You don't have to read my mind, to know what I have in mind

Honey you oughta know

Now you move so fine, let me lay it on the line

I wanna know what you're doin' after the show

Now it's up to you, we can make a secret rendezvous

Just me and you, I'll show you lovin' like you never knew

That's why, I'm hot blooded, check it and see

I got a fever of a hundred and three

Come on baby, do you do more than dance?

I'm hot blooded, hot blooded

20240309_131027_resized.jpg

• Like 8