Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 5/8/2022 at 5:12 PM, sputnik said:

22B306F6-72B4-490D-917C-5C3B94DACAC6.jpeg

Hey man, it's me ☺️

When I was 9 years old, around 1971 / 1972 , I had a nice collection, my first records were all 45 rpm EP 7" (45RPM) offered by Antar petrol stations (manufacturer of oil and petrol in France which does not no longer exists) when the car was refueled:

- Ray Charles - Sing the Blues

- The Rolling Stones - Paint in Black

- Louis Armstrong - Frankie and Johnny

- Marc Orgeret - chante Aristide Briant

- Los 3 Paraguavos - Guantanamera

- Tchaikowsky - Casse-noisette

- Aeroplane - September in the Rain

- Les Choeurs de l'armée Rouge - Kalinka

- Sidney Bechet - Black and Blues

- Ten Years After- I'm Coming On

nice titles for a first collection, right? I still have a few left on my shelves,

and I was proud of my record collection 😉

In the 1970s there was a very big difference between the modern USA with beautiful giant cars and big Harley Davidson motorcycles and our old Europe: an Antar station with a Simca 1000, a Citroën Type H van, a Citroën 2CV van and a small Italian Vespa or Lambretta scooter. And again it is the capital of France Paris - Petit Clamart not the countryside.

43487588_1106691296164807_23815810337420

Edit : And I listened to the records on my sister's Nogamatic Prelude record player, we are far from McIntosh and Klipsch.

Nogamatic-Prelude-Fonctionne-En-L-Etat-P

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just hangin...  :)

Outside Inside is the sixth studio album by The Tubes, released in 1983. It was the second album by the group to be released by Capitol Records. The album was produced by David Foster. The Tubes had their biggest radio hit with the single from this album, "She's a Beauty".

Tubes-Outside-Inside.jpg

Nice catch Fee!  :)

Fee_Waybill.jpg

You're not foolin me I KNOW where that eye went!  Just one of his dancin girls from 3 stacks up.  😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Lawd stop me!   😂

free_-_Heartbreaker.jpg

Heartbreaker is the sixth and final studio album by the English rock band Free, that provided them with one of their most successful singles, "Wishing Well". It was recorded in late 1972 after bassist Andy Fraser had left the band and while guitarist Paul Kossoff was ailing from an addiction to Mandrax (Quaalude). 

The album was, by Free's standards, a huge success. It became their third top-ten album in the UK (reaching #9), and reached No. 47 in America, which was also a considerable success for the band. Also, the single release "Wishing Well" became their third-most successful single, reaching No. 7. It is widely regarded as one of their definitive songs.

Soooo sick of Paul Rodger's this and that but here's the thing.  How many of those Paul Rodger's fans know his roots?  My buddies one of them.  Threw some on the other night and he said, "that sounds like Paul Rodgers."  😂  😂

Pulled this one up of him with Queen.  Shall we say sufficiently nailed?  :)

Carry on!  :)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Just hangin...  :)

Outside Inside is the sixth studio album by The Tubes, released in 1983. It was the second album by the group to be released by Capitol Records. The album was produced by David Foster. The Tubes had their biggest radio hit with the single from this album, "She's a Beauty".

Tubes-Outside-Inside.jpg

Nice catch Fee!  :)

Fee_Waybill.jpg

You're not foolin me I KNOW where that eye went!  Just one of his dancin girls from 3 stacks up.  😂

The Tubes are one of the most brilliant bands ever!  I've seen them play live 4 times, in venues from clubs to a convention centre to Maple Leaf Gardens, supported by Rough Trade, which was one of the best team-ups ever.  White Punks On Dope is one of only 3 tunes recognizable by its first 4 notes (ba-Domp-a-Domp).  The other 2 are Beethoven's 5th and the theme from Dragnet.  I hope they someday do a tour that brings them to my town.

While The Tubes are great on vinyl, they're a really visual act.

Here's just one version of White Punks On Dope.  It's pretty majestic.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Lawd stop me!   😂

free_-_Heartbreaker.jpg

Heartbreaker is the sixth and final studio album by the English rock band Free, that provided them with one of their most successful singles, "Wishing Well". It was recorded in late 1972 after bassist Andy Fraser had left the band and while guitarist Paul Kossoff was ailing from an addiction to Mandrax (Quaalude). 

The album was, by Free's standards, a huge success. It became their third top-ten album in the UK (reaching #9), and reached No. 47 in America, which was also a considerable success for the band. Also, the single release "Wishing Well" became their third-most successful single, reaching No. 7. It is widely regarded as one of their definitive songs.

Soooo sick of Paul Rodger's this and that but here's the thing.  How many of those Paul Rodger's fans know his roots?  My buddies one of them.  Threw some on the other night and he said, "that sounds like Paul Rodgers."  😂  😂

Pulled this one up of him with Queen.  Shall we say sufficiently nailed?  :)

Carry on!  :)

saw them in cologne a couple of years ago .Nobody can replace Freddy Mercury

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

left a hard working week behind me , time to relax a little bit . I´m zappin with Frank´s " One size fits all " 1975 / WB Label / Printed in Germany .

onesize.thumb.jpg.112518e38fe51c9f69d58e1e8330681d.jpg

Using the Goldring G 900 SE on the modded SME 309 today 

onesize1.thumb.jpg.162f15a92cdcfdd1a142bd2a2e6306c2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

getting dark here,  9. 50 pm need it a little more smoother now. Spinning the wonderful harpist from Switzerland 

Andreas Vollenweider with his sec. relase " Caverna Magica " Half Speed Mastered / 1983 / CBS Records / Printed in Holland 

vollenweider.thumb.jpg.ddbbcd37ff079987c6055d41d43878c2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

.....and because it was so nice, I'm listening to the third album of Andreas Vollenweider " White Winds " right now . Half Speed Mastered as well , 1984 / CBS Records / Printed in Holland

913402692_vollenweider1.thumb.jpg.eb4e0766c9a4746a061165162ebe0326.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Took my buddy on a lil Paul Rodger's ride last night.  Since he was totally unaware that he was with the band "Free" he was in sponge mode listening.  Dropped all 6 of theirs on in order of release.  Inside I was laffin just a bit but he was so lost he was clueless.  He's learnin.  Maybe.  lol  :)  I just happen to enjoy Paul Rodgers with Free instead of Bad Company with Paul Rodgers.  Ha!  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Took my buddy on a lil Paul Rodger's ride last night.  Since he was totally unaware that he was with the band "Free" he was in sponge mode listening.  Dropped all 6 of theirs on in order of release.  Inside I was laffin just a bit but he was so lost he was clueless.  He's learnin.  Maybe.  lol  :)  I just happen to enjoy Paul Rodgers with Free instead of Bad Company with Paul Rodgers.  Ha!  :)

Dang, reckon where he's been all his life...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Dang, reckon where he's been all his life...

He did know the lyrics and was singing along w/a couple tracks but I wasn't paying much attention.  Perhaps something he did on Bad Company.  Don't know but I do know he got slammed.  :)  Then I told him that was why long ago when he brought up how Rodgers was the best on the planet when he was with Bac Company I wrinkled my nose.  Bad Company is a great band and he did kill his vocals with them so there's that.  I just always enjoyed him with Free but they were just like so many groups it was time to move on.  Rodger's is good but there are many others better imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Jam night, 84 here right now, I'm sapped from outside work and trying to make a decision.  If I shower, which I will, I may as well suit up and hit it.  But.....  Ugh!  This visual of OLD-ish female rockers out dancing in shorts and a tank top is etched in my mind. 😂  I've got to have at least one lil "dancing girl" to focus on.  It doesn't take much anymore!  😂   😂   😂

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Jam night, 84 here right now, I'm sapped from outside work and trying to make a decision.  If I shower, which I will, I may as well suit up and hit it.  But.....  Ugh!  This visual of OLD-ish female rockers out dancing in shorts and a tank top is etched in my mind. 😂  I've got to have at least one lil "dancing girl" to focus on.  It doesn't take much anymore!  😂   😂   😂

Dang Dave, yes them Panzies can wait. Go ASAP before all them gogo dancers are taken.

It's Friday 13th man!

All it takes is one...👀

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

left a hard working week behind me , time to relax a little bit . I´m zappin with Frank´s " One size fits all " 1975 / WB Label / Printed in Germany .

onesize.thumb.jpg.112518e38fe51c9f69d58e1e8330681d.jpg

Using the Goldring G 900 SE on the modded SME 309 today 

onesize1.thumb.jpg.162f15a92cdcfdd1a142bd2a2e6306c2.jpg

You mean, 3009, not 309. Sorry for the correction.

• Haha 4