I need info on these speakers (type, specs, model, value, etc.)

Bodie

I acquired this large set of Klipsch speakers from a tenant that skipped town on me owing two months rent ($1000).  I'm looking to clean them up & put them up for sale in an attempt to recoup some of my losses however, I know absolutely nothing about them.  They have a few cosmetic issues on the outside and the components on the inside are extremely dusty.  I did hook them up to my home stereo system and WOW!!!! They are they loudest speakers I have ever heard!!! They deliver extreme clarity at high volume with absolutely no distortion.

Any info on these would be greatly appreciated!!!  I also have a pair of smaller speakers that were setting on top of these, I will include them in the pics as well.  I'm just hoping that I can get some of the money owed to me from the sale of these speakers.  Not holding my breath though...

IMG_6443.JPG

IMG_6445.JPG

IMG_6446.JPG

IMG_6447.JPG

IMG_6448.JPG

IMG_6449.JPG

IMG_6450.JPG

• Like 1

Bodie,

Welcome to the forum.

Based on condition(cabinet, drivers, etc.), the La Scalas can fetch as little as little as $400.00 to upwards of $800.00 for black.  The 3.1 may sell for $125.00.

Rough guess though.

Bill

• Like 1

Welp, out of my neck of the woods, id fetch those beater Scalas for 5 bones today.

Need some beaters by june, Scalas fit, so Scalas is what im shopping for.

Good luck with sale, and you came to the right place :emotion-21:

And i'll give you your first "Like" , welcome to the past time.

• Like 1

Bodie,

Not sure anyone answered your question directly. The big ones are called LaScalas and yes they can get loud. Currently Klipsch is making a version two of that model but yours are version one. I will defer to others as to there value. I have a pair that I've owned since 1977 and would never sell them.They are a 3 way horn loaded speaker and very efficient (can get loud with low power input).The smaller speakers I know nothing about except what I just googled:http://www.klipsch.com/products/ksb-3-1-bookshelf-speaker

But seriously these are the loudest speakers you've ever heard? You've led a sheltered life my friend:)

• Like 1

Bodie, there is a major gathering of Klipsch enthusiasts in Hope Arkansas from April 27-30.  It is a seriously fun time, and you can find more info here on the forum, or by contacting @dtel's wife aka Christy for more info.  If you have a vehicle big enough to bring them to Hope, you never know.......

• Like 1

I can't read the label, but they look to be La Scalas from around 1990.  You should easily clear your $1000 in back rent.  They need some touch-up paint, but they are not in bad condition per the pictures. 

On 4/7/2017 at 0:12 PM, Bodie said:

I'm just hoping that I can get some of the money owed to me from the sale of these speakers.  Not holding my breath though...

I agree with everybody else, even though there is a little difference of opinion as to condition and worth.  Those speakers are worth some money on the used market so you might recoup more than you might think.

Some thought the speakers were NOT in bad shape.  It's hard to make an exact assessment  through pictures.  IMO those are in rough shape.  Others that said they might clean up easily and would clean up even more by  adding some touch up paint.  This is true as well.

You might consider keeping those, the sound is awesome.  If you do, then clean them up, add some touch up paint and they will look decent.

Second option would be sell them as-is.  You will get less money but at the same time you will not be throwing good money after bad.

Third option is to clean them up and paint them which might add the value.  I say might because if you do not do a good job of refinishing it will actually SUBTRACT from the overall value.  Go with your comfort level for refinishing on this.  Those are big speakers and to do a decent refinish job will take you a lot of your time, but probably not much money.

See other posts above ^^^ for relative value. 

I sure hope my tenants leave me a beater pair of 'Scalas!  I think you should listen to them for a while.  Music via 'Scalas yields a ton of grins.  Not sure how many musical grins would equate to what you lost, but transcendent bliss is hard to put a dollar value on.

• 2 weeks later...

if it's financial i would think you could easily firesale the scala's for $500 as is touching nothing and $100 on the bookshelves. 

may be worth keeping and fixing up if you like the sound and are into good audio. that's one of the better speakers klipsch has made