What I Got Today!

Brac

18 minutes ago, richieb said:

What I got today without the photos was 4 ft. of new steel brake line and 4 new shocks for my 1999 Silverado. A beauty she is with only 61K and constant offers to sell her. So all of a sudden yesterday brake pedal is to the floor, pull in the drive and a puddle is forming, brake fluid. Call my body shop buddy and general mechanical wizard and with no hesitation he says brake line has rusted away. Sure enough, right again. But being absolutely buried between frame rail and bed we opt to remove bed. Goes quickly with 1000ib. hoist I set him up with a few years ago. Splice in the new line and with easy access to rear shocks change them out. Back on lift for the two fronts began at 9a, finish at 1'ish. Not what I had planned when this began yesterday but a good ending for a rainy Saturday in KC Town. Only wish I had a new amp or something Fun but hey, a truck has gots to stop.

I've got a '92 C1500 2WD extra cab.  I had to change the brake lines due to age when I bought it.  It's got almost 150K on it now, I bought it with 138K about 9 years ago.  I don't drive it much.  But, she's got the old TBI 350 and just keeps running.  You've probably got the Vortec 350 if I'm not mistaken.  Stopping is good.  It's what I do everyday for a living.  This is the product that I peddle/service.  Cuts your rotors on vehicle and matches your rotors to the hub.  Accounts for stacked tolerance issues and let's your rig stop smoother.  Sorry, you hit a hot button.  Later.

59867de4d9170_x9_adapters_frontleft2transparent.png.038a7c48fefa6d1902b090e33667c81c.png

14 minutes ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

Actually mine has the 5.3, not sure but don't think they refer to it as Vortec. LS1 I' m thinkin'? 

It's a Vortec/LS1 motor.  Quote from Motor Trend about the 99's:

"A structurally stiff frame with hydro-formed steel rails, standard four-wheel disc brakes with four-wheel ABS, the largest extended-rear cab area available, and a new line of powerful Vortec V-8s were just a few of the reasons the new-for-’99 Silverado captured our Truck of the Year award." 

Actually, I think we're both right, it's an LS1 with Vortec heads.  Some guys do Vortec head swaps to the old TBI's like mine.  A little better breathing.

You know your trucks! Even though she is beauty for her age its just a hauler/ bad weather truck for me. How often can you find a 15 year old truck with only 53K miles, like, never. And with the desirable LS1 engine I snapped it up from the second owner about three years ago. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, richieb said:

You know your trucks! Even though she is beauty for her age its just a hauler/ bad weather truck for me. How often can you find a 15 year old truck with only 53K miles, like, never. And with the desirable LS1 engine I snapped it up from the second owner about three years ago. 

You could sell it for a mint up here.  My '92 is now a classic, if you can think of that way.  25 years old and no longer has to go through the 'sniffers' of the DOT.  My ABS consists of the Kelsey/Hayes build that only pertains to the rear wheels/drums.  When it goes wrong it's not all to cheap to fix.  But, I can do anything I want to it now.  She does what she's expected to when needed.  No reason to mess with something that works.

Edit - By the way, the 5.3 is close to, thought of as, a 327.  1 liter = 61.0237 cu. in.  I had to look it up.  So, 5.3 x 61.0237 = 323 cu. in.  How 'bout them apples.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:47 PM, Schu said:

Mine is wonderful... I love that 203 so far.

Try looking in the sub menus under audio playback. There is a function for secondary audio, make sure it's enabled. That is probably the issue, hopefully.

Color depth is really great even though I stop run a plasma monitor. I went to the store to buy an Oled, but the guy was about $100 off what I wanted to pay... oh well, the prices will come down.

OPPO just told me about speaker configuration. I had it set to 7.1 when I am running 2 channel only.

Problem solved........been driving me crazy all afternoon.

Lookie there.....3 posts. I've nowhere near the post count I had somewhere around 8 years ago.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2017 at 5:15 PM, Speedball II said:

........and 7 channels of McIntosh WOW, that baby must weigh a lot.

Yep, now sitting in the office awaiting daughter's room rehab and the MX151 repair cycle by Mc (lost the HDMI board). I figured that I might as well go 7 even though I use 5. I like the LED meters for HT use over the brighter analog meters (and cheaper by far) and could power the zone 2 patio KHOs with it.

Putting this in the rack should be 'tons' of fun. 

IMG_0771.JPG

• Like 3

Finally got these fully serviced, converted over to Natural Gas (had them LP when we lived in Washington State), and installed today.  One in the kitchen and one in the garage for my wife's canning operation...These things are beasts...

IMG_4219 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4220 (Medium).JPG

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Finally got these fully serviced, converted over to Natural Gas (had them LP when we lived in Washington State), and installed today.  One in the kitchen and one in the garage for my wife's canning operation...These things are beasts...

IMG_4219 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4220 (Medium).JPG

nice !