Sounds like our friend

opusk2k9

OK, I know very little of the workings of Craigslist, and I'm aware of a CL poster in Indiana who is eccentric and impolite, but what is the linked CL posting ?  Is it a separate posting warning against the seller of a Marantz receiver?  Where is that posting?

IMG_0104.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

OK, I know very little of the workings of Craigslist, and I'm aware of a CL poster in Indiana who is eccentric and impolite, but what is the linked CL posting ?  Is it a separate posting warning against the seller of a Marantz receiver?  Where is that posting?

IMG_0104.JPG

It is a warning not to contact the "eccentric and impolite" gentleman from IN.

17 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Send him your phone number and find out that impolite is an understatement. He will, aggressively, try to gain information on you to cause you trouble (your work place, your local police, etc...)...and that is on top of the gift of impoliteness.  If he has your information, he will make craigslist ads, posing your information and will claim you are the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Doesn't CL have a mechanism for dealing with this?

This has been going on for years.  CL either can't or won't deal with this "impolite" person.   Unfortunately, I have personal experience with him.   I simply avoid any ads that may even remotely be owned by him.  Read all about it:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-317-628-1222

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/woo-woo-i-am-the-craigs-list-police.528176/

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/craigslist-weirdness.630520/

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Doesn't CL have a mechanism for dealing with this?

You can flag the CL post as prohibited, but several people have to flag it to get it removed.

I often will avoid the Indy area posted or scrutinize them a lot before contacting the seller.

His ads normally say something like "include phone number or I will not reply" so I avoid all similar ads in the area.

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Yea and then what? Everybody just ignore and stay away from this guy now that we've been warned several times. Just my $0.02

Thanks @opusk2k9 and @jimjimbo

That depends on the severity of the threats and the conduit he uses to achieve them.

He may in fact have broken the law and it will be much easier to get the attention of the proper authorities if you know who the individual is than trying to report an unknown.

Sometimes a little legwork will get you further, faster.

If he has not broken any laws then a simple registered letter asking him to cease may be enough if he now knows he is not acting under the cloak of anonymity..

For the record I am staying far away from this person.

I have heard of him but forgot all about him.

So thank you for the reminder.

I emailed him back and explained to him that I don't give out my info to someone that I have not done business with before and Now I would not because it was obvious that he was unstable and not trustworthy to make a financial transaction with and explained to him I never emailed him before because I'm in Florida and just did a search looking for certain model
of a Marantz amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

And yes I was interested in that receiver

I am a huge Marantz fan

I didn't think he was going to go off-the-wall so quickly because I didn't respond to his emails fast enough

Red flags abound.

6 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

I am working on my problems with poking the bear when I shouldn't be.

Tried to tell you. 

13 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Send him your phone number and find out that impolite is an understatement. He will, aggressively, try to gain information on you to cause you trouble (your work place, your local police, etc...)...and that is on top of the gift of impoliteness.  If he has your information, he will make craigslist ads, posing your information and will claim you are the problem.