NCAAF

oldtimer

Just now, rplace said:

Terrible Blue, just terrible.:angry:

Hard to overcome 5 turnovers in the second half, although that last TO was on a 4th down play and a throwaway to basically end the game.

I though it was odd it was a pass down the field on a 4th and 1.  With a minute left you think Mich would have gotten the easy first down then tried to go down the field. 

I didn’t know an  unranked team could be overrated.

UCF is causing Aburn fans to adopt a new mascot, the cobra.

The B1G has a Frost warning.  He and his staff turned 0 - 12 Knights into 12 - O (soon) in 2 seasons.  When Frost hits Lincoln the Huskers will be improved.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rplace said:

How did they get a New Years Day game and PSU/MSU the week between Xmas and NY?

Don’t forget that school down south.  It’s complicated.  The Orange Bowl is a more prestigious bowl game, but the CFP games put a wrench in the works.

I think I liked the "old" days better when all the scraps played on NYE and any game that mattered was on NYD and we were done and moved on to NFL. So many meaningless bowl games between Thanksgiving and NYD. Orange, Sugar, Cotton wrap up with Rose - DONE. I guess the players get extra field time to hone their skills and work on CTE.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I didn’t know an  unranked team could be overrated.

UCF is causing Aburn fans to adopt a new mascot, the cobra.

The B1G has a Frost warning.  He and his staff turned 0 - 12 Knights into 12 - O (soon) in 2 seasons.  When Frost hits Lincoln the Huskers will be improved.

They may well improve but don't forget the still very large shadow cast by Coach Osborne. Although many years have past Cornhusker fans lived and breathed Osborne football as part of the Big 8/12. And they haven't forgotten --- . The shoes may be old but they are big to fill. 

On 12/5/2017 at 8:28 PM, cincymat said:

That’s the beauty of college football. Sometimes weird things happen given an opportunity. I'd give UCF that opportunity. How many other undefeated teams are there?

Mark

The Knights certainly proved they can compete with anybody.

• Like 1

Yeah, a horned frog is actually a lizard, native to the area.  I used to see them all of the time as a child, along with nice big black tarantulas.  Those were the days.  Crawdads would be in the little run off creeks after a rain, and we would fish for them with a safety pin baited with bacon on a string.  Invasive species have changed most of that, combined with encroaching development.   Anyway, they did beat a much larger team from my wife's birthplace, even after starting out flat as Kansas (topographically proven to be flatter than a pancake) and they are the only team in the country with said mascot, which by default would make them your favorite.  When I attended there the total enrollment including graduate students was somewhere around 4000.  I think it is more now, but still less than 10,000.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Kansas (topographically proven to be flatter than a pancake) and they are the only team in the country with said mascot, which by default would make them your favorite. 

What about Michigan J. Frog, who is actually a toadie?

622C1D43-C1C6-4873-AED6-3E3B1CB9B6E3.png

On 12/31/2017 at 4:40 PM, rplace said:

I keep thinking of the joke from MSU and OSU fans when I was growing up.

Ya know why Bo eats his oatmeal off a plate? 

Because if he puts it in a bowl he'll lose it.

Come on Jim H. Make it happen

By most measures Bo was an exceptional coach, nevertheless, he was only 5 for 17 in bowl games.  Harbaugh ought to be able to surpass that success rate.