NCAAF

oldtimer

The B1G Conference is 3 - O so far.  Iowa, Purdue and Michigan State have done their jobs.  Now we see if Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and  Michigan can do theirs.

It was too bad Luke Faulk was injured and the Cougars were without two of their best receivers.  We didn’t get to see Leach’s “Air Raid” offense at full strength.

Losing only 1 senior starter on offense and 1 on defense bodes well for the Spartans next season.  LJ Scott must be talking to Miles Bridges.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2017/12/29/michigan-state-rb-lj-scott-says-hell-return-senior-season/989509001/

The seasoning of another year might enhance his NFL stock, but a serious injury could have the opposite effect.  The career life of an NFL running back is so limited, he might be making a financial mistake.  Perhaps he’ll change his mind after further reflection.

Sparty owns a quarterback.  We don’t need rentals or castoffs, at least not for the foreseeable future.

MSU won't be able to afford much after it gets through paying Larry Nassar's many victims.  I'm extremely disappointed buy how President Simon has handled the mess; more CYA than true fact finding.  Unfortunately, I expect the Nassar debacle to also be the downfall of AD, Mark Hollis.  As the captains of the university and athletic department ships, Simon and Hollis were in positions to stop Nassar years ago.  Failure to do so implies negligence, at best; criminal culpability, at worst.  The damage done makes it almost unseemly to be concerned with athletic success.

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I guess the football program can't afford it, since they're paying the basketball players big money.

Go Blue

Well that's half right. The BB schools pay the BB players, the FB schools pay the FB players. I doubt Kentucky footballers make much in comparison to the bballers'. Follow the money --- 

5 hours ago, richieb said:

Well that's half right. The BB schools pay the BB players, the FB schools pay the FB players. I doubt Kentucky footballers make much in comparison to the bballers'. Follow the money --- 

Yea but MSU, Michigan, Ohio State,  maybe a few others, are football and basketball schools. Not many schools are powerhouses in more than one sport.

Penn State will be playing today with a new offensive coordinator due to the departure of Joe Moorehead to Miss State. Curious to see what the new OC brings to the table.

Very happy for Northwestern. Program definitely on the upswing.

Iowa's win under frigid conditions at Yankee Stadium will give them plenty of incentive to work harder for a better bowl game next year. Hopefully somewhere in the south:D

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Mark Dantonio has won 100 game in last eleven years at MSU.  What’s in your wallet?

I remember this play against PSU in 2015.

Up 48 to 16 late in the 4th, Dantonio decided to have a bit of fun having a center in the backfield

Well, Franklin didnt forget that. Ran the score up 45-12 the following year.

THAT"S in his wallet, also.

Pretty busch league if you ask me.