NCAAF

oldtimer

8 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I expect Ohio State to win, but I expect Michigan to make a game of it.

Good call.  It was a good game.

+++

WVU at Oklahoma is on now OSU winning 14-3 in the second.  The Sooners are picking up rushing yards 50 at a time.  They now have 217 total yards in the first quarter.

If WVU doesn't play defense any better than this it's going to be unhappy time for wvu80.  :wacko:

• Like 1

Well, West Virginia managed to hold OSU to 45 points...in the first half.  :(

I think we've found our Heisman winner in Baker Mayfield.  He doesn't look like an athlete but he has a cannon for an arm!

I also think Oklahoma should be a serious contender for the national championship.  At this point in the season OSU simply doesn't have any weaknesses.

+++

#2 Miami lost Friday, today #1 Alabama.  I think Oklahoma is the new #1.

Gotta be:

1. Oklahoma

2. Clemson

3. Auburn

4. Wisconsin

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

If Wisconsin beats Ohio State in B1G  championship, it’s probably in.  If Ohio State wins, they might be in.  Things are very interesting.

Wisconsin could solve a lot of problems if they would simply beat Ohio State.  An undefeated Big 10 champion would be certainly be in the top four.

Did you see where Buckeye QB JT Barrett had his knee injured in pre-game by a camera guy?  Urban Myer is NOT amused.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21556365/jt-barrett-ohio-state-buckeyes-injured-michigan-wolverines

Isn't it unbelievable that the college football national championship, worth millions of dollars to the winner, could be determined by a camera guy?

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Well, West Virginia managed to hold OSU to 45 points...in the first half.  :(

I think we've found our Heisman winner in Baker Mayfield.  He doesn't look like an athlete but he has a cannon for an arm!

I also think Oklahoma should be a serious contender for the national championship.  At this point in the season OSU simply doesn't have any weaknesses.

+++

#2 Miami lost Friday, today #1 Alabama.  I think Oklahoma is the new #1.

Gotta be:

1. Oklahoma

2. Clemson

3. Auburn

4. Wisconsin

---- So, how many times did Baker grab his junk today? I forgot the odds - one over two or two under one. A little over the top when KU, the Monsters of the Midwest, can crawl so far under his skin. Punks for ignoring the pre-game handshake sure and landing a cheapshot, sure they are but come on letting my Jayhawks get to you so easily? But he did shed some big 'ol crocodile tears of remorse. Or was  that saline solution?? Teary eyes want to know ---

• Haha 1

Reading the local sports writers’ reactions to Wolverines’ defeat is interesting.  The heat is on Harbaugh for not being a QB whisperer.  At 1-5 against Ohio State and Michigan State, the Wolverine faithful— real alumni and Wal-Mart variety — are growing restless.  Michigan couldn’t win at home this season, next year they play in Columbus and East Lansing.

A coaching transition would hurt Michigan tremendously at this point.  Warde Manual would not be so foolish as to fire Harbaugh, but how long will the competive coach linger to be chastised by “fans,” when he has unfinished business in NFL?  The fact that brother John has a Super Bowl ring gnaws at him.

8 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Reading the local sports writers’ reactions to Wolverines’ defeat is interesting.  The heat is on Harbaugh for not being a QB whisperer.  At 1-5 against Ohio State and Michigan State, the Wolverine faithful— real alumni and Wal-Mart variety — are growing restless.  Michigan couldn’t win at home this season, next year they play in. Columbus and East Lansing.

A coaching transition would hurt Michigan tremendously at this point.  Warde Manual would not be so foolish as to fire Harbaugh, but how long will the competive coach linger to be chastised by “fans,” when he has unfinished business in NFL?  The fact that brother John has a Super Bowl ring gnaws at him.

Remember they gave Harbaugh the State of Michigan to coach.

JJK

Harbaugh is not a bad coach. Player injuries, and the Big Ten East is a real challenge.  PSU, OUS, Michigan St. and even Indiana make the Big Ten East a bear of a schedule to get through without a lost.  Look what Iowa did to OSU.  The Big Ten has to be one of the toughest conferences to be in.  Auburn's coach was on the hot seat  until defeating #1 Georgia last week and #1 Alabama last night.  In time, every dog get's a bone!