NCAAF

oldtimer

8 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Do you think that money will decide the final decision?

JJK

Now That's kinda' funny. We are talking about college athletics, the NCAA. Of course money will decide. Doesn't matter how, under the table, over the table, Las Vegas tables. I believe a movie was titled as such - All About the Benjamin's. And I meant to say NFL Triple A instead of NCAA. Either one works -- 

8 hours ago, JJkizak said:

3 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

OSU didn't make the top 4, coming in at #5.  The big lost to Iowa killed them and not a large enough victory over Wisconsin.

I’m almost as big an OSU fan as jimbo is a Michigan fan, however OSU is fortunate to have the number 5 ranking. That Iowa game was ridiculous. Makes me wish Wisconsin had found a way to win last night. I think that would have kept Alabama out of the top 4. Well it is what it is. Here's hoping Oklahoma finds a way to win it all. 

Mark

OK.  You guys are genius.  I remembered the last Bunn we bought came with a carafe, which we don't use because it is the straight cylinder type and we like the old discontinued bubble type.  So I dug it out of the back of the top shelf and measured and it looks like a go, or at least worth a try.  As long as the old Mr Coffee lid fits and measurements indicate it should, then it's back in coffee business.  Huzzah!

Edit:  Oops wrong thread.  lmao at myself.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

That statement made me think of Gino Torretta and Miami right after he won the Heisman and playing in the Sugar Bowl. It didn't go so good.

True, but there have also been a few successes....

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/heisman-winners-who-won-national-title/

• Like 1

I think the committee got it right when all things were considered, but would like to see an expanded playoff.  I heard someone make an interesting suggestion that it would be the 5 conference champs (big 5) and 3 wild cards, but then, there would be arguments about the wild cards.  If the Big 10 wants more respect, then it needs to make better showings in the bowl games, period.  The Penn State USC game last year was a great game as was the championship game, the Clemson Ohio State game, as well as some others, were an absolute embarrassment.  The Pac 12, needs to play a few out of conference games with the SEC, ACC and Big 10 so that we can see the games, which USC did playing Texas and I believe that Washington will play Auburn next year.  You can agree or disagree with any of the selections, but college football IMHO is so much better than pro, I'll take it!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pete H said:

....You can agree or disagree with any of the selections, but college football IMHO is so much better than pro, I'll take it!

Totally agree in the last 5 years my interest in pro football has dropped off a lot. I'm still a huge college fan. Saturdays with a pot of chili on the stove and Game Day. Tough to beat.