Anonymity vs Privacy vs Security

MyOwn

46 minutes ago, oldtimer said:
3 hours ago, whatever55 said:

but breaking the law is breaking the law    nobody is above the law and ignorance is no excuse  

Hilarious given current events.  Speaking of ignorance....

It actually is hard not to go there given the indictments and convictions already established. I say follow the Pulitzer Prize winning journalism to keep up with the Truth!

54 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Wrong.  They are both human beings.  One is Hitler, the other is Zuckerberg.  What freaking word are you referring to?

And for the record, what exactly are Zuckerberg's redeeming qualities?

You are internalizing what you consider evil and mentioning Zuckerberg as anything but the inventor of a platform is giving him more credit than he deserves. I don't know much about him personally, like I don't know much about Jeff Bezos, but do use their services/platforms because I see benefits. BTW, the only reason I mentioned redeeming qualities was in regard to the human, Hitler and not the communications platform of Facebook which is way more than Zuckerberg imagined. And yes, some/a lot got out of his control and vision but I think it may end up being something positive in the end...We'll see. I am not a blind follower of the platform and definitely not of the human being....

On a different note, I joined YouTube and am TOTALLY hooked! 😎

31 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Why?  I use it all the time, but why did joining make a difference for you?

I had to find something to fill my time after the BS Forum closed and got hooked on travel videos I found there...No, really. :)

I have myself signed in to the TV listed below and on my tablet that I use for News and casting to a nice display we have at work. The incredible footage that's available to pretty much everywhere we've traveled in Europe along with Drivers eye cams, walking, biking, hiking, (the entire routes) and drone footage astounded me and found it useful to categorize and like ones that were superb in the delivery. When you do this you work your way down to some obscure travel Vlogs and footage that REALLY brings back memories in High Def as much as music does in Surround Sound. When you couple that with new destinations and the Documentaries I've watched there really is a value in being a target for this EXACT information....You can also categorize any of the material you want and keep it in folders.

I also watch comedy crap and popular late night talk show monologs on my laptop which keeps track of that until it gets deleted when my cache does. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

After all, some people believe "first there was the word and the word was good." 

That's rich... Actually, it is "the Word was with God and the Word was God"

Nice try, though.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Nice try, though.

Thanks. Mine was a loose translation. ;) Seriously though, some people think Jesus was the word and that was the point I was making. I prefer to explore the concept of Logos and imo, human communication is as much to do with that as anything in our realm. 

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Nice try, though.

I was wondering what he was quoting. Are you sure your correction is what he was trying to quote? After all he doesn't believe evil exists. 

The convenience that I enjoy most with this new tech is that I can order my dinner while laying on the couch watching TV, have it delivered, enjoy dinner and never miss a moment of my shows. In the morning I'll call someone to drop by and wipe my a$$.

Keith

7 hours ago, T2K said:

The convenience that I enjoy most with this new tech is that I can order my dinner while laying on the couch watching TV, have it delivered, enjoy dinner and never miss a moment of my shows. In the morning I'll call someone to drop by and wipe my a$$.

Keith

I thought that professional a$$ wipers cost a lot of money.

JJK

11 hours ago, babadono said:

I was wondering what he was quoting. Are you sure your correction is what he was trying to quote? After all he doesn't believe evil exists. 

He was correct. I hope my clarification helped explain more of my thought process and in that particular discussion seemed to be about "Good Vs Evil." Fwiw, I don't believe in evil but that folks who strive to do good are closer to God....That said, I also think the opening of John is very profound, but, imo after" the Word" the rest is interpretation.  

Insofar as how any of it relates to this conversation, imagine if Jesus had access to what we have today to get his message out.   👀