CF-4 Incoming!

vasubandu

In my quest for a CF-4, I have contacted just about everyone I could possibly find and even gone through expired listings.  And today I was struck by a bolt of lightning out of the blue when I got a response to an inquiry I sent at least a month ago to a listing on Walmart.com as I recall.  It said.

Matthew - Thanks for writing. Sorry for the delay in response as I was busy. I just got a chance to check my mail. Yes, I have a rare pair of Klipsch Epic CF-4 loudspeakers for sale in excellent condition. This pair is in really great condition. The veneers are thick and beautiful, no pits or scratches. This particular pair has been fully lined and damped with bituminous sheeting, to aid in noise cancellation and vibration control, and they have had longer (4-1/2 inch port tubes installed). The original 2-1/2 inch port tubes will be included should one want to change them out. These are great speakers that have no issues they sound fantastic original owner. I have the original boxes but have boxes that will work and would band together on a pallet for shipment via truck. Asking for $815 plus Walmart fee, price includes shipping. I'm in California. What is your complete shipping address?

dsc3.JPG

dsc4.JPG

dsc5.JPG

dsc6.JPG

dsc7.JPG

dsc8.JPG

dsc9.JPG

dsc10.JPG

Be careful.  Walmart fee is highly suspicious.  If you get a box of peanuts, you're not covered and there's no guarantee.  Do PayPal - or no deal.  The last time I did Walmart I got an RC-7 that was torn to hell that I had to rebuild and lost the "deal" I found.

• Like 1

A former co-worker of mine wanted to buy his son an atv.  Had someone give him a sob story about how they bought one for their son but then he died before they could give it to him.  Said they would sell the atv and trailer for about 10% of what it was worth.  Payment needed to be made by some kind of gift cards only.  My co-worker felt so bad he was going to pay them more than what they were asking.

I'm glad he told me before he went any further.  Needless to say he didn't go through with it.

I really have to say how special it is to have so many people ready to tell me when I am about to do something stupid.  I was so excited about real live CF-4 that I never would have done my due diligence.  I contribute a lot less here than I receive, and maybe sometimes I ask for too much, but this place has really become an important part of my life. Thanks to all of you.

35 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

This is a scam.  Do not proceed!

I don't know if it's a scam.  The Seller could have done this day 1 if he wanted.  You might be right, I just don't know.

My observation from the sn is the speakers were born on day 284, 1994.  That and the gray horn (tough to tell from pics, but that is what mine looks like) tells me those are version 1.  The seller says he has the original 2.5" ports, and that is version 2.