Super Bowl thread and Poll

jimjimbo

Super Bowl thread and Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the big game tonight?

• Want To Win - Patriots
    • Want To Win - Eagles
    • Will Win - Patriots
    • Will Win - Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/18 at 06:00 AM

16 minutes ago, T2K said:

Well, I learn something new every day. I didn't know they were talking about football ...

Hey Man, you're kids about to to go for the swirly ride!  Unless that's just a big arse toilet.  One that size would make the mornings a little easier.  It's like the all in one.  You could incorporate it into the 3 S's in the morning.  Not that I would want to, but you could.....

6 hours ago, ACV92 said:

Not hardly.   Two groups of very physically talented, and intelligent, individuals going at it on a field of a hundred yards.  Boil it down as you will, but, what I saw was a great game, battle of wills.  They get paid the money because they can do what you and I can't, showed on the field tonight.  Ever played the game?  I only did in HS, was tough for me then.  Can't imagine what it's like at that level.  Vegas tries to make money on whether Punxsutawney Phil will come out of the hole or not.  It's ROI, they make their franchises dough because people watch,  in bunches.  How many sporting events close the nation as the Super Bowl, none.   

I agree with everything except the intelligent part. Google the average IQ of a pro football player, it's pretty sad.

5 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

It's still stupid money, paid to grown men - and women, to play a GAME.

Contracts in the $100's of millions are being paid to individuals negating the ability of an average  fan to even attend a game.

Is a sports player worth a BILLION dollars over the course of a career?  WOW, I say no.

As I age, I see the ridiculousness of it all especially the "made for television" stages that are sold to the masses.

Great reason for a get together party though, but to get hung up on the outcome of the game - not so much.

Pappy used to say:  Will this matter in 100 years?  

If not, then........do not be at all bothered by it.

I don't blame the players for the high cost of attending a game. I really do not have a problem with these athletes making the money they do. If I'm the best in the world at something, I should be compensated for that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ACV92 said:

Hey Man, you're kids about to to go for the swirly ride!  Unless that's just a big arse toilet.  One that size would make the mornings a little easier.  It's like the all in one.  You could incorporate it into the 3 S's in the morning.  Not that I would want to, but you could.....

It's a super bowl.

• Like 2

I don't turn the game on until after the national anthem and never ever watch the half time show or the after game interviews. I believe I still have the recording floating around somewhere of the old halftime show when the "You know what" was exposed in high definition.

JJK

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:
9 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

As I age, I see the ridiculousness of it all especially the "made for television" stages that are sold to the masses.

Yep.  A lot of people get sour as they get old.   Kids these days.... myeh!  The world is going to hell in a handbasket.

I don't think it's an age thing as much as it's as folks get older they realize there are more important things to contemplate. I find it interesting more Americans seem to care about these games than what is going on in the real world. On that note, I think younger Americans are starting to get it.:emotion-55:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

Sure. As long as folks focus on the game they forget about reality.  That's my 2 cents. Btw, I don't think this is a new phenomena 

The game is reality.  Foles played a great game.  Watching him surely beats scouring media for a bunch of negative stories about what's wrong with our society.  To hell with all that.  Back to football....

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

The game is reality.  Foles played a great game.  Watching him surely beats scouring media for a bunch of negative stories about what's wrong with our society.  To hell with all that.  Back to football....

I call that a distraction. More people seem focused on that dude than what their elected officials are doing...

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Politics is a distraction from life's enjoyable moments.  I guess somebody's gotta do it, though.  Better you than me.  ;-)

You and Zen don't need to start a political debate in a football thread.

5 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Then I guess I should've watched instead of going to Twitter this morning to see what our elected officials were tweeting.

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

I was commenting on football and the Super Bowl. 

No you weren't.

• Like 1