Need a bit of help please

Alexander

Ok, this may seem to be a strange request but...

Would it be possible for someone here on the forum to cut me some board? I just can not see well enough to cut a strait line with a jigsaw anymore. I would be willing to pay for your time plus materials of course. I could send money via PayPal if you had an account with them. I would like to use a 1"x 8" (actual .75" x 7.25") making 7.25" x 9" & 7.25" x 4" boards out of say a 6' board. The wood could be non blemished pine or better. I could not afford the real nice stuff such as red oak or the like. Not sure what it would cost but they should be sent using a USPS priority flat rate box. I have ~$50 to spend so if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated

Some place like Lowes or home Depot should be able to cut them down to whatever size you'd need, I would think.  Have you tried them locally? They have a huge saw for things like that.  Shipping wood pieces would still have shipping charges. I wouldn't mind doing it for you if all else fails. Where are you located? 

Thank you gents, I tried Lowe's (only choice here) and they said anything under 12" long will not cut right. I am new to this area having just moved here ~6 months ago. I think a medium box might work, I was thinking 6 of the  9" and 4 of the 4"  should leave 2" for cuts. They are actually 6 feet long aren't they?  Have looked around the area and

Murphy, NC is about 5 miles from the Georgia state line and maybe 10 to the Tennessee state line. Will make a few phone calls in the morning and see if I can find anything local. Thank you avguytx  for offering, we will see what I can find.

If you’re willing to live with standard sized Klipsch boards, I’m sure Bob would be willing to send you some of that nice Arkansas cedar - he did it for me for quite some time. He might be able to cut it down for you - not sure - you would have to ask. 

Can you operate a chopsaw?  If so, a slider or 12" blade saw will easily do this. 

Another trick. Clamp a straightedge (piece of wood or metal) to the board and run the jigsaw along the straightedge as a guide.   That is how you rip 4' x 8' sheets into manageable sizes for a table saw if you do not have a panel saw or tracksaw. 

7 hours ago, TFR1 said:

@Alexander

I have place in the N.Georgia mountains, near Blairsville, GA.

I can cut all the parts you need if you want to meet me in North Ga.

How many pieces do you need?

jerry

That would be great Jerry. I live "next door" to Blairsville, Ga. With a six foot 1 x 8 I was thinking six 9" and four 4" that should leave 2" for cuts. Thank you for the offer and let me know if this isn't too much to ask.

Alex 

• 2 weeks later...