A Very Lucky Guy!

Ceptorman

3 hours ago, Rivervalleymgb said:

Never felt the need to do the Dragon, but I was raised in the Arkansas Ozarks... Just glad there was a lot less traffic when I was young and dumb!

Well then you had/have some of the best roads there are. Even though I'm in the Flatlands around KC Arky is but 3-4 hours away and we are there 2-3 times a year. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, richieb said:

Oh my KHorn loving friend. Been there, done it. And here is where Depends might do you well; when you hear the shriek of the K16 six cylinder passing you no, it's not an F16 just me and Linda. I'll make sure she waves to you -- ?!?

I’m sure your Beamer would run circles around my geezer glide. 

22 minutes ago, cincymat said:

I’m sure your Beamer would run circles around my geezer glide. 

To be brutally honest, and humbled, I have been geezered myself. Like most things in life there is Always someone bigger or faster or better or etc.?!?

10 hours ago, richieb said:

Oh my KHorn loving friend. Been there, done it. And here is where Depends might do you well; when you hear the shriek of the K16 six cylinder passing you no, it's not an F16 just me and Linda. I'll make sure she waves to you -- ?!?

That sentence sounds like it's right out of a BMW sales brochure :D

19 hours ago, richieb said:

Well then you had/have some of the best roads there are. Even though I'm in the Flatlands around KC Arky is but 3-4 hours away and we are there 2-3 times a year. 

There are nice to ride roads all over the state. Even the Ouachita Mountains south of the Arkansas River have some nice roads. I drive in the Ozarks every week as part of my job. Heck, I even get to drive through the mountains of New Mexico every 6 weeks or so. This morning I will be heading from Alma to Heber Springs for the day. I may even stay in Pangburn and get in some fishing on the Little Red River if it isn't up too much because of all the rain we had this week and last.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine, while working in Seattle, had a co-worker going down a hill when a tractor trailor pulled across in front of him. He lay the bike down, slid under and came back up... rode home and put it up for sale. It was totally an accident, but he knew if he did it once he might think he could do it again. He chose to not ever risk having that happening.

Bruce

On 4/25/2018 at 10:23 PM, sputnik said:

No acknowledgment or hint of remorse for putting other people's safety at risk. Someone should have bitchslapped him after that stupidity wipeout.

My wife gave me the blessings to get a bike. I said ok....

At my work 3 have died and one can't walk normal after spinal crunch, hip broken and it's looking like with only 15 years in he'll retire. 

I'm good. I'll stick to my convertible. Get all the wind and no helmet needed.