Ain't Nothin' But a Party!

oldtimer

• Moderators

Well he worked it a long time, almost sounds like an advertisement for his last tour. Might as well, not many real funk bands left anymore.

JC can't be happy, funk is one of his favorites. Heard plenty of funk but have never seen his show.

• Like 1

I saw George Clinton last summer and I must say I was very disappointed. I went expecting Parliament/Funkadelic style of music, but what I got was more rap than anything else. George has surrounded himself with much younger "talent", and I am using that word very loosely. For most of the show, he wheeled around on the stage in a modified office chair while others rapped lyrics. High energy, yes,. Spirited yes. Good music, highly debatable.

I must have been in the minority because most of the crowd seemed to love it. But many of them were too young to remember what he was all about.

Shakey

I've seen him twice in recent years, the last one in the summer of 2016 and he was funkin up the place?  Had many familiar voices  and several of the players from the local Go-Go (not rap: Go_Go) scene joined him.  He even had the long skinny cowboy guy and the screechy voiced midget.

He's going to be at a rural venue in Virginia in August with the Dead of all people. I'm going.

He may sit for a year but don't ever think that cat's going to give it up until he dies.

Also Bootsy's touring this summer. And if you are in DC next weekend there a weekend FunkFest that should be funking groovy man.

Funk it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!