Scrubbed!

Jeff Matthews

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, windashine said:

Crunchy with Grape jelly on regular white bread, with potato chips in there

untitled.png

I stand corrected.  I guess that pretty much dates me.  Now it is "super chunk" which is "extra crunchy".

Glad to see they improved things where PB is both chunky and crunchy at the same time.  Now if they could just come up with something the has no tape hiss or noise from the needle in the groove.

918EN0-0wML._SY606_.jpg

13216.png

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Super Chunky Skippy and Welches Grape Jelly on toasted French bread....If you really want a treat. put butter on the outside and cook it up like a grilled cheese sandwich! I also like a cold glass of milk with mine. :) 

8 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

What is your HDL/LDL?

=== calling Dr. Skippy, calling Dr. Welch - please report to the O R = STAT!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

I believe the industry term is "chunky".

I think "crunchy" is for Reeses PB Cups.

Well now , I was about to plead ignorance to the court, in my crunchy reference. It appears that I can stand at ease as both can be found on a label.  

I prefer the bread un-toasted, myself.

On another note,  the PB&J has become a staple in the NBA for some time now. True comfort and power food.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/03/25/521256918/the-pregame-pb-j-how-the-comfort-food-became-the-nbas-recipe-for-success

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

For those who can get "Breadsmith" bread, i recommend you seek out their French Peasant bread.  Greatest toast ever, and especially good with PB.

I don't think we have them in our area yet, but it looks like they are coming soon.  They are exploding, must be good stuff. 

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

WWhat is your HDL/LDL?

1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== calling Dr. Skippy, calling Dr. Welch - please report to the O R = STAT!

I came back to post on another discussion and saw this....Ha! I absolutely was trying to be truthful and forgot  to mention the Lay's potato chips (original, of course)! Jeff and I have had important discussions over the last decade and a half and I thought he needed my opinion on this. Before y'all start to worry about this, I have the "grilled cheese, version of this--Well, okay, Maybe 5 times, but it was up there with the best things I've ever put in my mouth.  The sans grilling version,  probably 4 or 5 times  a year but the French bread is a MUST {Note: Ravelin Bakery in Denton is (too) AWESOME!}