Scrubbed!

Jeff Matthews

15 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:
39 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

For those who can get "Breadsmith" bread, i recommend you seek out their French Peasant bread.  Greatest toast ever, and especially good with PB.

I don't think we have them in our area yet, but it looks like they are coming soon.  They are exploding, must be good stuff. 

We were cross posting but the French bread really adds to the sandwich. We have this place in Dentonhttps://ravelinbakerydenton.wordpress.com/ and it bring tears to my eyes when I walk in. 

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

The Breadsmith French Peasant is not your standard "French Bread".....it is like sandwich bread, but dense and chewy when toasted.  Fantastic.

Fantastic! It must be on par with what we get from Ravelin's. :) We lived in Germany as a kid and they used to bring us something called Brotchen in the morning. I found it was basically a baguette made into dinner roles...MOST excellent, and found that Ravelin's French bread is the ONLY bread for sandwiches.  I have come to find it is the use of unbleached flour and artisan skills that make it so tasty. 

13 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

The Donald likes smooth.

330px-Donald_Duck.svg.png

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Yea, that's what they say in the lawsuits too.....

=== Donald Duck being sued? Over peanut butter? In today’s world I can see accusations of Mickey Mouse and Goofy colluding against Mr. Duck. Sign of the times —

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

Donald Duck being sued? Over peanut butter? In today’s world I can see accusations of Mickey Mouse and Goofy colluding against Mr. Duck. Sign of the times

I was going to comment on watching for the thread to be locked but then I saw this: 

5 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:
20 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Cmon guys.....raspberry, strawberry or blackberry jam or preserves....everything else is just.....Smuckers.

I beg to differ my friend.

Selfridge's brand Gooseberry

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I’ll look for it 

and realized we can all get along in a jam. 😎  On that note, goodnight my friends. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

fact:  Jif is better than Peter Pan.  I used to buy Peter Pan, and I was given a challenge to take a blind taste test.  Jif won, and I've been a Jif-eating fool ever since.  Bread?  Sometimes, but lately it's been on Premium brand saltines.  Those are good!  nmmm, nmmm, nmmm...

17218487744_5caf7bbc19_c.jpg

We buy almond butter... at a reasonably priced health food store. There have roasted almonds and a grinder. Fresh, with no added sugar, palm oil or anything else. Delicious! It's also $8.99 lb.

Bruce

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Bread?  Sometimes, but lately it's been on Premium brand saltines.  Those are good! 

I have tried that and was quite surprised, I guess it's the salt that goes well with the peanut butter ?

But I cut out carbs and sugar so no bread or crackers anymore, tired of being fat.