Rolling Tool box (shipped off to local equipment auction)

Coytee

Edited to add/change:  Brother in law just now left with the chest.  He's taking it 45 minutes down the road where they are going to have an equipment auction this weekend (tractors, mowers, etc...)

Told him to list it with no reserve...  we'll see what happens.  But the upshot is, it's now gone.

Mighty Favog's post about his tool box got me thinking....so rather than step on his thread, thought I'd mention it here.

I have this old rolling tool chest.  If someone would like to pick it up ....  I could help load it onto your trailer/truck.

I'm looking to let it move on....  have it listed locally on Craigslist @ $400 realizing they'll try to push me around on the price.

I actually paid $400 for it years ago.  It was designed & built by a guy here in town whose family owns a steel fabricating company.  He is (was?) also into go-cart racing....hence, the tires!

He designed this for people that race go-carts and was looking to sell them as a side business.  This was one of his prototypes (his only prototype??)

Tires do lose their air.  It's never been an issue for me.  It has a "T" handle on the front that allows you to pull & steer it.

If someone here can use it....  you can come & pick it up.  Keep in mind though that if someone on Craigslist "badgers me down" with a lowball offer of $50.00  I'm likely to take it as the wife wants it out of here and I'd rather grab $50 than zero!

Negative:  Other than the tires losing their air....  the top drawer will from time to time, pop out of the slider hardware and the second drawer has MAYBE done same.  The top drawer got the most use by me so that would explain it being in the worst condition of the drawers.

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Open Front.jpg

Left.jpg

Open Right.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two more things now that I see the pictures.

1.  Those aren't "swirls" on the top....  that's wear/tear and dirt!  The top is stainless and has been my work bench for 15 years

2.  It has some outlets on the top AND on the side.  (I've never used them)  If I understand them correctly, they are actually wired together.  Meaning, you'd need a cord to bring power to the side as an input.  You'd then have power on top to use.  One negative with that is both outlets use conventional (female) outlets so the line bringing the power would have to have hot MALE ends which would have some inherent dangers with it.  I'd rather swap out the outlets so you'd not have any exposed hot wires when the extension was unplugged.

It sure made my life easier when I went from having nothing.....to something.

Didn't really take too long for me to outgrow it.  So many times, things would be piled on (not in) the top drawer which undoubtedly added some stress to it.

Also note on the side it has the little stand for welding tanks (I think that's what he said he designed that spot for)

This was intended to hold all your tools and maybe some spare parts.  Roll off your truck at the go-cart race....race your heart out.  If something broke, you'd have your work space, tools, gas and electricity available.  After the race, roll it onto trailer and go home.

22 minutes ago, richieb said:

I could show him up with one equipped with drag radials

Until they went flat... (which is where I guarantee they'll be in a matter of 2-3 weeks)

I always intended on finding other (solid) wheels for it but never got around to it.  It was pretty low on my priority list.