Advice for Beginners - consider this test from an audio club

ODS123

argumentum ad nauseam

Or, also known as: argument from nagging

Just repeating the same thing over and over and over

Yeah, pretty boring - but a lot of the responses have been interesting to read, and I did somehow manage to learn a couple of things. I had no idea McIntosh sounded like a trash compactor.  

23 minutes ago, Deang said:

argumentum ad nauseam

Or, also known as: argument from nagging

Just repeating the same thing over and over and over

Yeah, pretty boring - but a lot of the responses have been interesting to read, and I did somehow manage to learn a couple of things. I had no idea McIntosh sounded like a trash compactor.  

=== only the solid state Mc’s. You should hear the new tube driven Mcintosh dishwasher - very clean sounding —

• Moderators

By the way, not tooting our horn here (see what I did there), the Museum Editions were specially created by @Chief bonehead so you are virtually (see what I did there?) guaranteed to be able to tell the difference between valves, SS, PP, SET, etc.  You will even be able to tell what microphones were used in the recording and whether it was on digital equipment or analog tape.

Sorry to say we/he/they are not at the point (yet) whether you can tell whether it is 96K or 128K, but "they" are getting there.

[Reminder to self, "Self insert here whatever available emoticons,  smile faces etc. so that a casual observer unfamiliar with my sense of humor realizes the above comments are complete and utter BS, [find BS button photo]].

• Like 3

• Moderators

55 Pages.

Goodnight. 

Have fun.  Be nice to each other, encourage others to join this crazy hobby, and try to welcome the uninitiated into the world that Klipsch opens us all up to.

Wishing you ALL a blessed day tomorrow, and a wonderful year.  

Tell your children you love them.

Peace.

• Like 4

I sold a bunch of my amps a few months ago.  Of the three buyers that demoed the amps on my La Scala II and Heresy II, one has bought a pair of Heresy III, and another is presently shopping for La Scalas.  Just one 30 minute listening session on an all horn Klipsch speaker is all it took.

• Like 1