K-510 / K-69 road show?? (single)

Coytee

Been some chatter here about the 510.  I'm sitting here sort of feeling guilty as I have one sitting in a closet, gathering dust.

"if only you were closer" I'd let you borrow it to spin its wheels for a while.  (heck, I was going to Chattanooga one day and delivered it to John Albright and let him use it for several weeks)

Truth be told, I also have two EV Dx-38's sitting in the same closet....

The DX is a bit of a funky size (as though the 510 is a loaf of bread??)

Anyway....  This isn't an offer yet, but I'm curious to how much interest would there be for me to ship the 510/69 to someone, couple weeks later, you can ship it to the next person.....and the next person...

Would there be benefit in including the DX which will certainly serve to up the shipping costs?

If you are CLOSE by, I also have an extra TAD driver....  but to be honest, I'm NOT interested in shipping it all over the place.  Too expensive so it will stay close to home with hand delivery the only option.

Thoughts??

• Like 1

That's funny, getting ready to ship one of my faital pros with a different horn to @rockhound so he can run it against one of the 510s he has sitting in a closet.  Guarantee that there will be interest in doing this.  After he's done, he's going to sent it to @CECAA850 sometime in 2020 when he gets his manshop done so he can run it against the LaScala midhorn (can't recall the model number right now).  I think it's a wonderful idea and was thinking of doing the same thing with one of my Beyma tweeters so i could hear reactions to it compared to tweeters that I don't have. 

• Like 1

I actually never got the chance to try it, because I hadn't fi ished getting the LS  bottoms back together.

However, they are finally done, and I have a pair of the K-69 drivers (actually PAudio BM-D750), on some jbl/selenium hm4750 horns I got from Bob Crites. I have them padded down so the levels match pretth close. They make the K-400 horns sound like kazoos.

If anyone has a chance to get thr Klipsch k510, don't pass them up. I know they would be a huge improvement.

I'm going to be headed to Atlanta "soon" (don't know when yet).  I'd be happy to bring it by if you'd like to hook it up.  I could also bring a DX in case you don't have an active.

Do I still have RCA/XLR wires in my drawer???  Dunno....  might have to look. 

Now that you've seen the horn, what are your thoughts on me painting it a bright red?

Why red?  Because I already have the paint!  Won't cost me anything.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:20 AM, Marvel said:

... and I have a pair of the K-69 drivers (actually PAudio BM-D750), on some jbl/selenium hm4750 horns I got from Bob Crites. I have them padded down so the levels match pretty close. They make the K-400 horns sound like kazoos.

After initially liking the sound from the K-69, I found it fatiguing over the long haul. 

The K-400 is a nice sounding horn. I ended up going back to it because of its strength - dynamics. 

@Deang   Dean, I never got it connected to compare (sorry RIchard), but I finally got the beater pair of LS back together. Been listening a few weeks with  the K400, the eminence tweeter and the DHA2 crossovers. Sounds really good. Someone gifted a set of the BM-D750 drivers. At the time, no one had any of the K510 horns around, so I go a pair of Selenium horns from Bob. I made a pad to get the levels matched more and temporarily have these on the LS as three ways. Makes the K400 sound like a kazoo, but I probably have the mids padded a slight bit too much. I will go back to the K400 soon, as the LS will probably go to my son when I get the MWM bottoms.

I agree, the K-400 really is a good sounding horn. Using at sane levels they are fine.

Pic of the horn is from Bob's site.

hm4750-slf_med.jpg

On 6/17/2019 at 10:52 PM, Marvel said:

He 'may' have let John borrow it but it spent some time at my house...

You wouldn't recognize it now...

Truth be told, paint is still sticky & settling down (I just did this 20 minutes ago)

For a first time spray paint of a horn, didn't turn out too bad.  I used 400 grit to sand it and to smooth out the grind marks it has (as does the K402)

Also had to sand off the sticky stuff that was on the front lip.

510 Side.jpg

510 Top.jpg