Whats something you love to eat that sounds gross but you love it?

mr clean

3 minutes ago, mr clean said:

This isn't strange but peanut butter and honey or karo syrup. or peanut butter on one slice of bread and nutella on the other then slap them together. 

One tokes on the bong??

Only times I tried stuff like that was decades ago when I still partook of the weed!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

In no particular order, my hometown favorites include; 

Menudo...............  bovine stomach with calf hoof, and other delicious goodies

Tripitas ................  bovine small intestine fried on a plow disc and in their own grease

Mollejas...............   bovine sweet breads

Machitos de cabrito...    mexican version of haggis but from baby (3 week) goat

Brains & eggs ............   mom made it best, bovine brains scrambled with egg

Lengua.......  tongue from a young steer, delicacy. 

Strangest event I've ever attended involved eating alot of strange food. It was a Laotian funeral; a friends family was celebrating the death of his father. I'm not sure of everything I ate, the food was mostly fantastic. At times I felt like a circus sideshow, being stared at, the only white looking dude in the house, eating all kinds of crazy crap. They had something similar to a christmas tree, and on the tree were gifts, all kinds of gifts.... like cigarettes, candies, rice, money,  just all kinds of stuff........ I assumed they were for the deceased journey to the afterlife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

In no particular order, my hometown favorites include; 

Menudo...............  bovine stomach with calf hoof, and other delicious goodies

Tripitas ................  bovine small intestine fried on a plow disc and in their own grease

Mollejas...............   bovine sweet breads

Machitos de cabrito...    mexican version of haggis but from baby (3 week) goat

Brains & eggs ............   mom made it best, bovine brains scrambled with egg

Lengua.......  tongue from a young steer, delicacy. 

Strangest event I've ever attended involved eating alot of strange food. It was a Laotian funeral; a friends family was celebrating the death of his father. I'm not sure of everything I ate, the food was mostly fantastic. At times I felt like a circus sideshow, being stared at, the only white looking dude in the house, eating all kinds of crazy crap. They had something similar to a christmas tree, and on the tree were gifts, all kinds of gifts.... like cigarettes, candies, rice, money,  just all kinds of stuff........ I assumed they were for the deceased journey to the afterlife.

Hey Mom, what's for lunch...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A friend of mine from years ago had a Filipino wife and she made something with anchovies and other stuff. Chuck called it dirty socks and she was forbidden to cook it inside. It tasted really good on green peaches though.

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Watched folk eating pickled pigs feet and their tails...and souse meat...yum

I love me some pickled pigs feet if done right. I also love pickled baloney. I was at the st philips inn one day of hard drinking back in the day. I started munching on the hot pickled baloney in the jar behind the bar. After I had eaten a bunch of them the guy behind the bar said I needed to eat some marbles with that and I asked why. He said that way when I take a shit it will splash cold water on the cheeks of my ***!  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, veloceleste said:

Scrapple. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. A little syrup on top.

I once heard a comedian talking about scrapple say "Don't eat anything with the word crap in the middle of it!"

We call it paunhaus around here. Lots of germans around here me being part myself. I like it about one time a year. Same with crawdads.

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Love anchovies... some smell dirty socks from the aroma of parmesan...

my wife takes anchovies "to another level"

she deep fries dried anchovies.  Delicious.   Do NOT do the deep fry in your [own] house. The place will smell of it for a month or more

One of my favorite recipes does not sound so good

mashed potato and ground beef burritos baked in green enchilada sauce. Mashed and enchilada sauce just doesn't sound right

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

my wife takes anchovies "to another level"

she deep fries dried anchovies.  Delicious.   Do NOT do the deep fry in your [own] house. The place will smell of it for a month or more

One of my favorite recipes does not sound so good

mashed potato and ground beef burritos baked in green enchilada sauce. Mashed and enchilada sauce just doesn't sound right

I could eat that... maybe a dob of sour cream on the side...

• Like 2