I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

• Moderators
20 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

This right here is incredible.  128 proof and drinks like it's 80 or 90.  Smooth as silk.

2019-10-20 08.32.07.jpg

I brought you some of that to try 3 years ago.  I think the bottle remained unopened?

That has been my go to "everyday" bourbon since about 1989 when the liquor distributor dropped off the Small Batch line at our night club.

I tried the Bookers and have stuck with it ever since.  I try stuff now and then, mostly from reccomendations on here and a couple of friends.  We bought an entire barrel once for an event and got Mr. Noe to come an speak at our little fundraiser when he was in town on another event.  I still have my lapel pins he gave me.

I wish I had a video of his expression when I told him, in the most serious voice I could muster, how his bourbon mixed better with Dr Pepper than any other bourbon on the market, bringing out the black cherry and other botanicals in a structured and layered way.  He looked and didn't know what to say.  "Got ya" I told him. NMay he rest in peace.

Fred Noe, by all accounts, seems to have learned well from his father, grandfather,  great grand father.

Travis

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

that is a sign of a drinking problem.  get some help before we read about you being found in gutter somewhere, drenched in Scotch, and mumbling something about speaker cables.

That would never happen.  Can't stand scotch.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

That would never happen.  Can't stand scotch.

back when i had a county job, this lady stopped one of the IT guys in the hallway to ask about some computer issue that she was having. When i walked by, he asked me if his co-worker had reset the server previously (as i’ve i’d know, i’m lucky if i remember my password to log on).  I said, “I don’t know. All I know is that i walked by her office earlier and it reeked of alcohol."

He laughed. She hit me. 

On 10/20/2019 at 2:24 PM, Deang said:

I've learned that Bourbon reviews are like high end audio reviews -- wtf are these people tasting, lol.

I recently discovered that I like stuff that has spent some time in wine barrels, like Angel's Envy and Jefferson's Pritchard Hill Cabernet. Based on that, someone recommended Amador Double Barrel Bourbon to me. So, before spending any money on it, I decided to hit youtube.

Because you apparently like rye whiskey and now have a taste for wine barrel finished whiskey, then I would like to recommend you try High West Yippie Kye Aye or High West Mid Winter Nights' Dram. Both are excellent rye finished in wine barrels. The texture is amazing! very syrup like. They are defiantly a couple of my favs!

3 hours ago, capo72 said:

Because you apparently like rye whiskey and now have a taste for wine barrel finished whiskey, then I would like to recommend you try High West Yippie Kye Aye or High West Mid Winter Nights' Dram. Both are excellent rye finished in wine barrels. The texture is amazing! very syrup like. They are defiantly a couple of my favs!

I had a bottle of Mid Winters Night Dram.  It's pricy but good for a rye.   I'm not a rye guy but MWND wasnt bad.  Someone that really likes rye would probably really enjoy it.