Southwest Audio Get-Together

2 minutes ago, Dave A said:

OK tell me how it used to be.

An extension cord from the laundry room out to the grassy area on the other side of the pool. :P

In the conference/ballroom there were plenty of outlets for some power strips, etc.

We're not talking big stacks like at Rodney's. Maybe some Heresy's or similar sized pro variants. Cornwalls if someone is feeling froggy. I'm fairly confident that it won't hamper the event whatsoever.

Well in my shop I have run everything off a 20 amp outlet. But it is an honest 20 amp and that 20 amp breaker is dedicated to that four way only. I have not tripped the breaker yet but it also does not compete with other things for juice.

Depending on where we're pulling power from for an outside rig, I'm quite certain that we can get some 20 amp circuits as that's a commercial structure and even though it's not new, I'm sure it was code to run minimum #12 wire for all there runs and especially in the laundry facility where there would be dedicated circuits for individual appliances.  I'll bring the electrical box just in case, but lets get the information first so there's no surprises.  

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Mallette was there a fewyears ago

Cannot recall how he did it but, he was outside as recall from photos posted at the time. Inside may be more viable but, weather should

plan for both anyway. Dave had a good power cord.

It was my system in the outside picture.  I was using a 150 wpc ATI with KP-301 II's.  There wasn't any power where we were so we ran a cord from the laundry room, across the pool cover over to where we eventually set up.

• Thanks 1

Well my Super MWM's are running off two Crown xli800 amps and to be honest the amps are turned half way up and I have never approached full volume on my PC controls inside my shop. I have no idea how loud they would be if I did and they are not thirsty for sure. The other gear I would bring would be as efficient so gobs of power would not be needed.

https://www.hopearkansas.net/pView.aspx?id=6507&catid=583

Klipsch auditorium available to non-profits for $100 per day.  Being a forum group, might even get a discount?

FYI, it's 1000 miles for me and I'm bringing gear so no complaints about how far it is.  I was pulling for Bardstown KY so I could go back to Buffalo Trace