The Klipsch Audio Community

For all of you that are unable to attend the Pilgrimage due to work or personal conflicts, there are a group of forum members that will be holding another event on April 3rd, through the 5th.  We will be meeting at the Super 8 in Hope Arkansas to socialize and listen to as many different rigs as we can bring. 

Even though there will be no direct involvement from  Klipsch Corporate or the Historical Society, it will be an opportunity to meet and get to know other forum members while doing what we all love to do, listen to different gear, (speakers, amps, DSP’s, preamps, receivers and more)  The event will be centered around but not limited to Klipsch products. Those wishing to attend, will be encouraged to bring their Klipsch gear as well as modified and custom built equipment and speakers.  You are also encouraged to bring the beverage of your choice.  There will be no charge for this event other than your room and meals.  Breakfast is normally supplied with your room.

PWK and the company that he built, has enticed and encouraged all of us to join this forum and assist others in their audio journey. 

Depending on the number of people that wish to attend, there will be further planning regarding specific arrival times and the possibility of breakout groups, led by individual forum members that can expand your knowledge on specific areas that they are proficient in.

Please let us know if you have an interest and want to attend this event. 

• Like 1

Topic is pinned.

I'm fairly certain I'll be able to attend as the normal Pilgrimage dates don't work for me.  Looking forward to seeing those that can make it.

I'll certainly try to be there. I may bring my demonic ATI amp and see if we can further troubleshoot with other gear/power than my own.

12 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I'll certainly try to be there. I may bring my demonic ATI amp and see if we can further troubleshoot with other gear/power than my own.

I've got several pieces of electronics I can bring as well.

If all goes as planned, I will bring some KP250's, mini punches with some different mid horns and tweeters, some amps etc..

27 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've got several pieces of electronics I can bring as well.

Cool.. the center channel randomly started buzzing this morning. I only have my AVR as a source and it's the only piece of gear I haven't been able to effectively troubleshoot as a possible problem.

Just now, Westcoastdrums said:

Great idea. Have fun gents. 

launch a west coast or pacNW one!

4 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

West coast would be nice 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I always thought of having a Mid West.

• Like 1

Arkansas is midwest:) A little south though....

3 minutes ago, babadono said:

Arkansas is midwest:) A little south though....

Ok, the "Southern Midwest Audio Gathering"   Ohio is "midwest" as well and nowhere close to Hope, or Arkansas for that matter.  

4 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Ok, the "Southern Midwest Audio Gathering"

Quite the mouthful.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

200.gif&f=1&nofb=1

I find the idea of bringing things to play with built and or altered by Klipsch heads to be quite an interesting idea. After seeing my first Pilgrimage though I have to say the venue there is too small and crowded to allow for a leisurely stroll through lots of gear just to see what they sound like or play swap and shop.  Plus you have to stand there and keep the hands of heavy drinkers off your gear from what I could see with Kevin's setup. I have to admit I was kind of disappointed about not bringing the Super MWM's because I wanted to see the look on peoples faces when they were fired up.

Truthfully a gathering of tinkerers and builders with their creations is of far more interest to me than another tour of the factory, the theater and the PWK house.  How big is the hall and what are the conditions associated with it's use? 

I will attend if this event happens. I have racks of electronics and I would love a chance to swap and shop with Klipsch Heads. By then I will have what I hope is a prodigious three way system  and might have a set of 415's with K 402's on top. I like subtle production of sound.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave A said:

I will attend if this event happens. I have racks of electronics and I would love a chance to swap and shop with Klipsch Heads. By then I will have what I hope is a prodigious three way system  and might have a set of 415's with K 402's on top. I like subtle production of sound.

It would be great to have you Dave!  @rockhound is going to swing by and take some measurements of the room so we can plan a bit more, but really had to get a date pinned down and some idea of who's interested and what equipment is expected.  

2 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Power could be a problem too.

Outside needs a Looooooong extension cord from the laundry room across the pool.

That could be a big problem Carl. How long is long and what do they have to hook up to?

9 minutes ago, Dave A said:

That could be a big problem Carl. How long is long and what do they have to hook up to?

more of an "engineering challenge." They did this with a modest system in the early years of what is now The Great Pilgrimage Revival, so I'm sure we'll be able to figure something out.