The Klipsch Audio Community

7 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Took me a bit to find it, be here's the recap thread from that event. I think there's some description and pics, but I haven't yet gone through it all again.

Thanks for the link.

It's been suggested that I mention that I'm currently planning on providing a tutorial on REW and using a DSP crossover for flattening in-room response of SPL and phase.  The exact date/time/place while there is TBD.  I'm planning on bringing a Yamaha SP2060 or EV Dx38, amplifiers, a laptop for running REW, a calibrated microphone, preamp, floor absorption, etc. for the demo.  If there is any interest, I could also run through how I currently demaster music files using Audacity (freeware).  If there are any specific topics that you''d specifically want to be covered in either of these subject areas or other subjects, you can discuss it here or by PM. 

Chris

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chris A said:

It's been suggested that I mention that I'm currently planning on providing a tutorial on REW and using a DSP crossover for flattening in-room response of SPL and phase.  The exact date/time/place while there is TBD.  I'm planning on bringing a Yamaha SP2060 or EV Dx38, amplifiers, a laptop for running REW, a calibrated microphone, preamp, floor absorption, etc. for the demo.  If there is any interest, I could also run through how I currently demaster music files using Audacity (freeware).  If there are any specific topics that you''d specifically want to be covered in either of these subject areas or other subjects, you can discuss it here or by PM. 

Chris

Looking forward to meeting you Chris.

29 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Chris

Looking forward to meeting you as well and trying to leave with a much better understanding of REW and DSP.  

48 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I'm planning on bringing a Yamaha SP2060 or EV Dx38, amplifiers, a laptop for running REW, a calibrated microphone, preamp, floor absorption, etc. for the demo. 

I guess MEH's would be too much to ask for???????????????????:)

I presently have one K-402-MEH (the prototype that's currently performing as my center).  If I can get more MEHs made by then it's possible that I might be able to bring a pair (but don't hold your breath). 

Chris

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

Chris

Great to read this. I will bring a UMike and laptop with REW and TrueRTA on it along with my Xilica xp3060 since it will all be a part of my S-MWM  setup anyway. You are welcome to use anything I bring if you need to.  I am interested in REW and Audacity.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chris A said:

Chris

Why can't I "like" and "thank" the same post.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris A said:

I presently have one K-402-MEH (the prototype that's currently performing as my center).  If I can get more MEHs made by then it's possible that I might be able to bring a pair (but don't hold your breath). 

Chris

Mono is good, it came before stereo:)

• Haha 1

(DP)

1 minute ago, babadono said:

Why can't I "like" and "thank" the same post.

You just did...thanks.

11 hours ago, Dave A said:

Thanks for the link.

Reading over part of this I propose our little gathering be nicknamed Friends of Paul, FofP for short.

It's starting to sound like it's gonna be a happenin'.

Extremely pleased that if I am able to attend I will meet ChrisA........ Remastering using Audacity, yes please bring it on

14 hours ago, babadono said:

Remastering using Audacity, yes please bring it on

This should be a very informative gathering, I'm really looking forward to it.  Got it on my work calendar already.

Since I will be hauling the mini punches to the event, it would be great to have the creative mind @jwc behind them come and offer his expertise.  

Not quite sure what I might bring, other than beans, pickles, bloody mary mix......We had a great pepper and tomato harvest, and Shelly did more this year than ever before in her canning kitchen.