The Klipsch Audio Community
geoff.

Corona has vanished!

1 minute ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

It’s a histogram so to arrive at the total you summate the additional deaths per data bar. Several bars are above 20K.

I understand.  You, too, can do the math.  Compare your sum to the area beneath the mean curve.  It's a blip.  I'm not making light of death, so let's not stoop that direction.

Seems they matter, but yes point taken. What, 40,000 new infections and 1000 deaths per day?

Not good...

2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Compare your sum to the area beneath the mean curve.  It's a blip.

Here's New York state.

WithAndWithoutCOVID.thumb.png.f24cf1a50f8fd9ba245073f9299bdf27.png

• Sad 1

Notice in both graphs the time line.  Notice what Jeff calls the mean curve is actually the threshold for excess deaths.

1 minute ago, mungkiman said:

Here's New York state.

WithAndWithoutCOVID.thumb.png.f24cf1a50f8fd9ba245073f9299bdf27.png

NY definitely looks worse than the national data you posted.

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I find it amazing that with so much wrong going on, people want to focus on quibbling about statistics.

Well, they only use these things to shut down the world and run millions of people out of business or out of jobs.  There are serious Constitutional concerns here.  I don't really think we have much of a Constitution anymore.

Here's New York in the same format I first posted. You can search any state you like on the website, as well as choose from several dashboards to show different data sets.

New York.png

Yep, because they came in from Europe into NY.  Infected the locals.

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Well, they only use these things to shut down the world and run millions of people out of business or out of jobs.  There are serious Constitutional concerns here.  I don't really think we have much of a Constitution anymore.

And why is that?  Abuse of power?

If this were a 5 year stock chart, the read would be, this company just did a moonshot breakout.

Just now, oldtimer said:

Yep, because they came in from Europe into NY.  Infected the locals.

And they had orders to put the sick in nursing homes.  That was a pretty bad idea.

Just now, oldtimer said:

And why is that?  Abuse of power?

Not abuse.  Abuse presumes the power exists.  I am thinking more like usurpation.

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

Not abuse.  Abuse presumes the power exists.  I am thinking more like usurpation.

Wow.  Getting to the heart of the problem.  We only have ourselves to blame right?

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

It's not "I'm from the government and I want to help you" anymore, as the ignorant wish to repeat.  Now it is "I am the government and I'm here to lie to you."

Government lying? To the now ever popular with cable news  “American people”?  Just say it ain’t so, say it ain’t so — 

Just now, oldtimer said:

Wow.  Getting to the heart of the problem.  We only have ourselves to blame right?

Can you think of anyone else to blame?

You mean like "I am the only one who can fix it?"

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

You mean like "I am the only one who can fix it?"

Puffery.  No big deal.  Every movement needs a leader.  In the end of the day, it will be expressed by the will of the people (or lack thereof).

It seems these days all topics, political conversations start - and end - with lies — . Allowing for zero accountability—