Anyone else have vacation plans ?

sunburnwilly

2 hours ago, RealMarkDeneen said:

We're going to the finger lakes region of NY and Vermont in mid-August when the temps here will be hitting 120F.

As much as I despise flying, I will have to do it. Arghhhh!3557451300_37ea26e588_b-798855380.thumb.jpg.a546a84df5acdf8bf1dbb1c4ffa79918.jpg

I live between Conesus and Hemlock LakeH.. Honeyoe Lake is 18 miles  .. Perhaps you may get in this area ...I have plenty of advice on things to see ...Maybe 6, 7 Lakes here

Coneseus is under the Indian Head on this map  

The Weather will he 75* or so Gonna he a cool year due to the conflagration up North .

Perhaps Lunch might be in order ??

Lotsa, lotsa Winery's around 6-8 close by

11 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

I live between Conesus and Hemlock LakeH.. Honeyoe Lake is 18 miles  .. Perhaps you may get in this area ...I have plenty of advice on things to see ...Maybe 6, 7 Lakes here

Coneseus is under the Indian Head on this map  

The Weather will he 75* or so Gonna he a cool year due to the conflagration up North .

Perhaps Lunch might be in order ??

Lotsa, lotsa Winery's around 6-8 close by

No kidding? Yes, maybe lunch is possible! Let's connect when it's closer! Thanks!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, babadono said:

120 and dry or 95-100 with 90% humidity...ain't much difference..but enjoy your vacation.

When we first moved here 10 years ago, I assumed that it was "always dry." WOW! did we find out how wrong that was. We are on the "western edge" of the south to north monsoon flow that rolls into Phoenix every August. We don't get the full on brunt of that humidity, but we get 3-4 weeks of 110+ with quite high humidity - like it saturates you during the monsoon season.

4 hours ago, RealMarkDeneen said:

We're going to the finger lakes region of NY and Vermont in mid-August when the temps here will be hitting 120F.

As much as I despise flying, I will have to do it. Arghhhh!3557451300_37ea26e588_b-798855380.thumb.jpg.a546a84df5acdf8bf1dbb1c4ffa79918.jpg

What makes you think it won't be in the high 90s with humidity. 

Wine and cheese tour

We usually get the grandkids from Ohio to stay a couple weeks up here in Maine... rent a place on Moosehead lake, do some fishing, take a trip to the coast, eat lobster, play in the water and generally have a blast with them. This summer my daughter is getting married in Boston, then a party at the house the weekend after. We'll have them for a couple of weeks, but are set to freelance... maybe Bar Harbor, maybe the southern Maine coast... whichever way the wind blows.

I CAN"T WAIT!!! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AudioSlave said:

We usually get the grandkids from Ohio to stay a couple weeks up here in Maine... rent a place on Moosehead lake, do some fishing, take a trip to the coast, eat lobster, play in the water and generally have a blast with them. This summer my daughter is getting married in Boston, then a party at the house the weekend after. We'll have them for a couple of weeks, but are set to freelance... maybe Bar Harbor, maybe the southern Maine coast... whichever way the wind blows.

I CAN"T WAIT!!! :)

That will be nice! My SIL's family had property on Sebec Lake, a little southeast of Moosehead Lake. Most of the family has moved away or passed away, but my late brother and his wife would visit often.

My late wife and I spent some time around Brunswick and Freeport for our second honeymoon in the late 70s. The coastal air was nice after traveling from the mid South.

• 2 weeks later...

Talking about my vacation plans, I'm super excited about my upcoming trip to Europe. I'll be visiting some incredible cities like Vienna, Amsterdam, and Prague. I can't wait to immerse myself in the culture, explore the beautiful sights, and try some delicious local cuisine.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...