YouTube Spinning

Full Range

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Best to you man.

and peace to you. 

isn't if funny how taste varies?  I suppose if we delve deep into our psyche there is more to our likes and dislikes than what the art presents.  For instance, there is a gal that I was involved with once upon a time, I don't care to even hear her name anymore; but she reminds me of the music from Chicago ... hence, I refuse to listen to Chicago. Now, my opinion of Fleetwood Mac is based on just common musical sense ... they suck.  well, they didn't in the Peter Green days; but the stuff after him ... yuk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes, they had the hits but, Peter Green...Deja Vu.

Thanks!

what was your first or favorite concert?

for me ... my first was YES ... the Tormato Tour. Their first with the circular, rotating stage. Years later, I asked Rick Wakeman about that stage. He plays with his eyes closed and I asked him if the moving stage created any challenges for him when he closed his eyes.   He said No, it didn't. He learns the song and then plays it with eyes closed to avoid distractions. He also told me that he preferred the rotating stage that they used on the UNION tour as it was bigger. 

My favorite concert ... QUEEN.   But, David Gilmour was great. Roger Waters was great. And, don't laugh, I've seen some really, really good REO SPEEDWAGON shows back in the  Gary Richrath days. I agree with the statement that I heard someone says once that REO Speedwagon is a good example of what happens when you take control of the band from the guitar player and give it to the lead singer ... after that happened with them, they became a radio Top 40 group. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hard to follow that talent.

Guess it was Vanilla Fudge and the Royal Guardsmen right off in memory of talking known bands.

Jax Beach Coliseum. Small for a  venue named as such. Can remember Appice acknowledge my presence as we were leaving. Bogert...

Yes, 67 am thinking now.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, billybob said:

Hard to follow that talent.

Guess it was Vanilla Fudge and the Royal Guardsmen right off in memory of talking known bands.

Jax Beach Coliseum. Small for a  venue named as such. Can remember Appice acknowledge my presence as we were leaving. Bogert...

Yes, 67 am thinking now.

Now, a HUGE thank you for mentioning the Royal Guardsmen.  I'm a huge fan!  As a kid, I wore out Snoopy vs the Red Baron album. 

• Haha 2