Hobbies

Bosco-d-gama

2 minutes ago, NADman said:

Since I don't have a lathe, milling machine, trusty Miller or room anymore I do some cross stitch stuff. Not a single artistic bone in my body

but X stitching requires precision, and a lot of patience which I'm not famous for. Lots of long cold days and nights here in the winter so this my next

project. Over a 100,000 stitches in a 115 colors.

That's my friend Houdini sitting proud. He's 17 now and slowing down a bit.

Hot Rod.jpg

32 003.JPG

So do those come in kits? Seems like it’d be impossible to scrounge materials to make that image. Ever consider quilting?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
11 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Mine is woodworking.

That is NOT what 99% of people would think of woodworking, much harder. Very nice

Woodworking is a talent but that's on another level to me.

• Like 1

I still like to climb stuff.  Had to slow down a bit due to some motorcycle injuries but here’s a shot of me from nearly 40 years ago in Alaska.

My climbing partner kept telling me to move to my right a bit more as he was taking the shot.

DCB34934-7497-48B9-B4FB-535640FF6E6C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, NADman said:

Since I don't have a lathe, milling machine, trusty Miller or room anymore I do some cross stitch stuff. Not a single artistic bone in my body

but X stitching requires precision, and a lot of patience which I'm not famous for. Lots of long cold days and nights here in the winter so this my next

project. Over a 100,000 stitches in a 115 colors.

That's my friend Houdini sitting proud. He's 17 now and slowing down a bit.

Houdini

I dig -    awesome -cat

Photography off and on. Hi-fi off and on. Farming/animal husbandry is my current primary hobby and it includes the whole family. My wife and I share the load and then squirrel off into complementary tangents - she loves egg hatching and bees for example - and I enjoy infrastructure engineering and lifecycle management, butchering, etc. She likes breadmaking, I like soup making and preservation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matthews said:

your stained glass is awesome !!!  Would love to have some in my vaulted windows, WOW...

Get some OTC crystal prisms for your vaulted windows. I have 3 full orb prisms set up in my high windows and they rainbow sparkle the living great room for 4 months of the year - 2 in spring and 2 in fall.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Photography off and on. Hi-fi off and on. Farming/animal husbandry is my current primary hobby and it includes the whole family. My wife and I share the load and then squirrel off into complementary tangents - she loves egg hatching and bees for example - and I enjoy infrastructure engineering and lifecycle management, butchering, etc. She likes breadmaking, I like soup making and preservation.

Watched a special on competitive chicken shows (pageants) and they’re some serious breeder wars in that hobby. One guy could trace the genetics of his ‘prize’ birds back some 50 generations or more. He was a tad OCD.

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

They definitely elevate the audio quality of your speaker cables, and keep zombies and liberals at bay......

Dunno about liberals but there’s no zombie problems here. The real fun is when kids are around for the event. They get full sun for about 2 hours, when they get sun and they really do sparkle every cranny of that room. The kids are like at Disneyland.