Electric Dryer Taking Too Long

Jeff Matthews

I have never seen a dryer VENT through the roof, Always see them vent through side walls. It is asking a lot of a dryer to push lint with enough force to go straight up and clear the vents completely. Of course I am talking from an older perspective. 

https://www.airductcleaningarizona.com/dryer-vent-through-roof/#:~:text=Dryer vents should always be,basis to prevent lint buildup.

16 hours ago, joessportster said:

I have never seen a dryer VENT through the roof, Always see them vent through side walls. It is asking a lot of a dryer to push lint with enough force to go straight up and clear the vents completely. Of course I am talking from an older perspective. 

https://www.airductcleaningarizona.com/dryer-vent-through-roof/#:~:text=Dryer vents should always be,basis to prevent lint buildup.

Condos do it all the time.  I have no idea where ours ends up.

5 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Now that you have removed the screen how do you prevent animals from getting in making nests?

JJK

small Birds love dryer ducts  , there is both heat and enough fluff  to nest  in all  safety

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Condos do it all the time.  I have no idea where ours ends up.

Never Lived in a Condo.......................Neighbor's would not like me much.

While in Germany in Post Housing (Apartments) I had Neighbors asking me to turn it down a few times 😏  Just think I did not even have Klipsch at the time, Those were New Infinity Studio Monitor 150's

5 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Never Lived in a Condo.......................Neighbor's would not like me much.

While in Germany in Post Housing (Apartments) I had Neighbors asking me to turn it down a few times 😏  Just think I did not even have Klipsch at the time, Those were New Infinity Studio Monitor 150's

Well in mine I crank the chorus II's pretty good and never heard a complaint.  The place is a concrete bunker in the sky.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Did a load with lots of towels and some jeans.  Dried quickly!  The roof jack is the issue.  Now to replace it...

Well now you learned something new, and now you know Jack.

All I could think of was an obstruction, the dryer heated up, had good air flow, well until the end of the line. Lucky you didn't fine out with a lint buildup in the Jack having it start a fire.

Heat and good airflow is all it takes. I know it sounds crazy but when a bunch of heavy clothes are drying I usually stop it halfway through and empty the lint, it seems to dry faster with more air passing through.