SWAG is on like Donkey Kong.

5 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

it really looks like the ideal place

It really was.  The only issue is that we have no control over the weather.  If it were raining we'd have to listen inside and the interior was one big echo chamber.  Concrete floors and wood walls and ceiling.  No damping anywhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

That may all be moot if we find a venue next year a little farther north.

Nw we're talking

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Tennessee  sounds good!

Yep, that would be nice.

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Hitch hiked with @CECAA850 both days so I was not driving but seemed like about half(?) or a third(?) as far as Rodney's.

And yes moot if next year we're in O-HI-O:)

Sounding better!

31 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

it really looks like the ideal place

Yes, I agree....it was actually perfect.

1 hour ago, Seadog said:

And IMO at a venue where, weather permitting, we can set up the speakers outside without complaints from neighbors.  That was a big plus factor for the SWAG venue.

I think that might be a good thing. Although it would be kind of funny to do the Japanese Fireworks first and watch them all come out to see them.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It really was.  The only issue is that we have no control over the weather.  If it were raining we'd have to listen inside and the interior was one big echo chamber.  Concrete floors and wood walls and ceiling.  No damping anywhere.

20200926-223915.jpg

19 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Imagine the noise of a wedding/reception there.

Many, maybe most people don't think of things like that when they arrange an event.  Sawdust or peanut shells spread on floor might help.  If the place was packed with people and tables and chairs, it might help too.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I go to restaurants with acoustics like that and the noise of people talking and the echo that ensues drives me crazy. 

There are restaurants that I don't go to for that very reason, even though I like the food.

3 days of nonstop music and I still don't have anything playing in the shop.  LOL  I don't think I've ever been this long without music in my shop.  Come hell or high water, there will be something playing tonight.  I have a closing to do in an hour and after that, it's on.  

10 minutes ago, Pete H said:

3 days of nonstop music and I still don't have anything playing in the shop.  LOL  I don't think I've ever been this long without music in my shop.  Come hell or high water, there will be something playing tonight.  I have a closing to do in an hour and after that, it's on.  

I'll have my LSI's up and running this weekend.  I don't have time in the evenings to mess with it.  We're going to have a beautiful weekend so they'll definitely be hooked up and singing.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I'll have my LSI's up and running this weekend.  I don't have time in the evenings to mess with it.  We're going to have a beautiful weekend so they'll definitely be hooked up and singing.

I only have time because Denise is away.  The LSI's sing very well for sure. 

1 minute ago, babadono said:

^Did she say something like "fine, whatever":)

More like OMG, LOL

She's good with it, as always, stuck a wad of cash in her hand for her trip to Jamaica, and told her that was from the discretionary audio fund that she knows is sacred.  I'll get the real reaction when she sees them and tells me it's too loud.  I have moved things around quite a bit between the basement, the shop and the main floor as to further confuse the reaction.  LMAO.  In the end, she's a great woman and knows I have a problem. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pete H said:

More like OMG, LOL

She's good with it, as always, stuck a wad of cash in her hand for her trip to Jamaica, and told her that was from the discretionary audio fund that she knows is sacred.  I'll get the real reaction when she sees them and tells me it's too loud.  I have moved things around quite a bit between the basement, the shop and the main floor as to further confuse the reaction.  LMAO.  In the end, she's a great woman and knows I have a problem. 

When you get around to building your S-MWM's cut them through the wall. The back side can become bench seats and the front side book shelf bases. She will be amazed at how loud those tiny speakers are.

52 minutes ago, Dave A said:

When you get around to building your S-MWM's cut them through the wall. The back side can become bench seats and the front side book shelf bases. She will be amazed at how loud those tiny speakers are.

That build is on the list for certain, after stopping by and hearing them.