Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

29 minutes ago, pzannucci said:
37 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That acid reflux feeling is a symptom of a heart attack.  No kidding, get it checked out immediately.

Ask me how I know. 

They do say many times the pain is very very similar, behind your sternum.  We can just guess how you know....

I told my wife I had acid reflux just before my heart attack, self-diagnosed of course.  She just went to bed and covered up.  And my wife's a nurse and didn't know.

My other symptom was that my gums ached, maybe hurt.  My "heart" never did hurt, but I had a 99% blockage.  By the time I got to the ER I was in real trouble.  Fortunately the ER people knew what they were doing and recognized the symptoms, or I wouldn't be here giving this advice.

33 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

he's had numerous ekgs and all kinds of other tests and been seen by cardiology -- all was clear heart-wise.

As long as the doctors have checked it out then I would go with that.  My problem was that I self-diagnosed acid reflux, a mistake which dang near killed me.

That's why I spread the word now, because not everybody knows those odd seemingly non-related symptoms.

+++

So have you had your colonoscopy yet?  Ask me why I'm asking.  🙄

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I told my wife I had acid reflux just before my heart attack, self-diagnosed of course.  She just went to bed and covered up.  And my wife's a nurse and didn't know.

My other symptom was that my gums ached, maybe hurt.  My "heart" never did hurt, but I had a 99% blockage.  By the time I got to the ER I was in real trouble.  Fortunately the ER people knew what they were doing and recognized the symptoms, or I wouldn't be here giving this advice.

So how long did you sit in pain before deciding it was time to go to the ER?  And was it equally excruciating the entire time?

4 minutes ago, Randyh said:

I am sure you are right ,  , but tell you what , I eat a ton of chicken wings , beer -pizza --coke-chips -  etc for the past month --what a party , I might even mix a bit of alcohol with my maalox

If you're going, go with gusto.  

18 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

So how long did you sit in pain before deciding it was time to go to the ER?  And was it equally excruciating the entire time?

It didn't hurt at first, it was uncomfortable.  It would "attack" with the "acid reflux" in my throat then it would recede.  When it got better I figured I was fine, then it would attack again.  This went on for about two hours until 10p on a Saturday night.

I knew something was going terribly wrong because of the way I felt emotionally; I started to panic.  I went in to wake my wife and she said "don't worry about it, it's just acid reflux."  Then I did something else I've never done, I SCREAMED at my wife "YOU"VE GOT TO TAKE ME TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM --- NOW!!!"

She finally got up and drove me to the hospital.  About halfway there I was in real trouble and didn't think I was going to make it to the ER.  At this point, I still didn't know I was having a heart attack.  I just know I felt horrible.  By this time the pain WAS excruciating and I was in full-blown panic mode.

I was just lucky I didn't die because I was stupid.  The moral of the story is don't diagnose yourself.

• Thanks 1

Just now, wvu80 said:

It didn't hurt at first, it was uncomfortable.  It would "attack" with the "acid reflux" in my throat then it would recede.  When it got better I figured I was fine, then it would attack again.  About two hours until 10p on a Saturday night.

I knew something was going terribly wrong because of the way I felt emotionally; I started to panic.  I went in to wake my wife and she said "don't worry about it, it/s just acid reflux."  Then I did something else I've never done, I SCREAMED at my wife "YOU"VE GOT TO TAKE ME TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM --- NOW!!!"

She finally got up and drove me to the hospital.  About halfway there I was in real trouble and didn't think I was going to make it to the ER.  At this point, I still didn't know I was having a heart attack.  I just know I felt horrible.  By this time the pain WAS excruciating and I was in full-blown panic mode.

I was just lucky I didn't die because I was stupid.  Don't diagnose yourself.

Wow!  Good to know.  Glad it worked out good for you, too!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Randyh said:
26 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

So have you had your colonoscopy yet?  Ask me why I'm asking.  🙄

are you ok - now

I had colon cancer, the silent killer.  There are no symptoms.

I was lucky I had an ulcer and was bleeding into my belly.  I was so tired and I didn't know why.  I was 4 units down on blood and it was during the blood transfusion they found the cancer after a colonoscopy.

I'm not brave and I didn't "fight" cancer like a lot of people do.  Colon cancer can be completely cured with surgery.  You have 24 feet of tubing in there and they were supposed to take 3 feet of mine.  They took out half, 12 feet, but I am completely cancer free and leading a normal life.  All I had to do was lie there and snip-snip they took out the bad parts, closed it up with 40 staples in my stomach and now I'm good to go.

I have pictures.  😎

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I had colon cancer, the silent killer.  There are no symptoms.

I was lucky I had an ulcer and was bleeding into my belly.  I was so tired and I didn't know why.  I was 4 units down on blood and it was during the blood transfusion they found the cancer after a colonoscopy.

I'm not brave and I didn't "fight" cancer like a lot of people do.  Colon cancer can be completely cured with surgery.  You have 24 feet of tubing in there and they were supposed to take 3 feet of mine.  They took out half, 12 feet, but I am completely cancer free and leading a normal life.  All I had to do was lie there and snip-snip they took out the bad parts, closed it up with 40 staples in my stomach and now I'm good to go.

I have pictures.  😎

Wow, again!  When was this?

2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Wow, again!  When was this?

Then you're really not going to like hearing that six months ago I had 45 sessions of radiation in 9 weeks for prostate cancer!  🤣 

(I had a follow up today, my cancer PSA was 0.028 and the doc says anything under 2.0 is safe)

I think the colon cancer was 5 years ago, then the heart attack was 7 years ago.

I consider myself a good candidate for the Corona virus to finish me off, as I have had one of everything that is high risk.  I'm just lucky I live in West Virginia where the Covid19 can't find me.  👍

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Then you're really not going to like hearing that six months ago I had 45 sessions of radiation in 9 weeks for prostate cancer!  🤣 

(I had a follow up today, my cancer PSA was 0.028 and the doc says anything under 2.0 is safe)

I think the colon cancer was 5 years ago, then the heart attack was 7 years ago.

I consider myself a good candidate for the Corona virus to finish me off, as I have had one of everything that is high risk.  I'm just lucky I live in West Virginia where the Covid19 can't find me.  👍

I had no idea!  I don't follow the forum real closely, and if you mentioned it, I never saw it.  

Glad you are surviving all these things!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I had no idea!  I don't follow the forum real closely, and if you mentioned it, I never saw it.  

Glad you are surviving all these things!

I never, ever mention medical things on the board, until now.  I just don't find them interesting and I have a pretty good attitude towards them, so no big deal.  :)

• Thanks 1