Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

my brother and i have been doing very good at this self-isolating; but that will change next week.  the surgeon that did his Esophagetomy last year said it is imperative that he go to the hospital next week for a CT Scan. He’s been having chronic reflux and the hospital wanted to wait until June, but the surgeon said that it can’t wait that long. 

i told him to take gloves for the doors and elevators (a set for going in and coming out) and we have some masks here from when i was spraying some mold remover in the shower. hopefully, he’ll wear a mask too; but he’s not as paranoid as i am, although he did say that going into the hospital at this time is more scary that when he went in last year for the surgery. 

We’ll do what we can do and the rest is in God’s hands. 

Quoted well.  Good luck.  

The reflux itself has way too many side effects.  Hope he get's a clean CT and they can manage it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Randyh said:
8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I wonder if there will be unintended consequences to the Covid19 and the shutdown of the country?

For instance, will there be fewer traffic deaths since Americans on not on the road?  Will there be fewer deaths attributed to the flu, or heart disease?

I wonder if anybody has even thought about it.

35k deaths in the USA = 35k less drivers -

Drop in the bucket this Memorial Day.

If things start to open up, it's going to be very scary out there for the holiday (travel and people doing all sorts of stuff they shouldn't yet).  If things don't open up, watch out for guns.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Randyh said:

let's hope for the Best -

The manufacturers that I deal with are all located in Pa., so even though my business could remain open, I'm dependent on those facilities opening back up before I can get back to business.  Those facilities are trying to open up production starting Monday with one facility and the other 2 are scheduled to open the following Monday, but Pa. has constantly changed regulations, issued waivers to specific business's  and then pulled the waivers days later while constantly moving the goal post, so we will see what happens.  In addition to the state orders, you have a huge sector of the workforce that is making as much, and in a lot of cases, more than if they were actually working due to the additional funds from the "CARES" act, which IMHO, is a train wreck.  We will see what happens on Monday with the first plant, but expectations are that there will be a large portion of the production workers that do not show up, and that's going to be a difficult situation to contend with in addition to all of the new policies.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, geoff. said:

Not to detract from the immediate concern, but has anybody considered the environmental impact of 7 billion people using disposable gloves and masks daily?

Maybe we can ship it all to China...

Stop making us think so hard.

Ford is considering outfitting their automotive plant workers with social distancing proximity alarm bracelets. It works like this, everyone gets a bracelet and anytime they get within 6 feet from another employee both bracelets ‘vibrate’ warning them that they have violated social distancing guidelines. I can imagine a crowd of these souls and one section begins to alarm so they move to ease the alarm causing a tidal wave of alarms and re-distancing, sort of like human dominoes. Inevitably there will be a stand-off where 2 people need to move and one says to the other “you 1st”. Maybe they should add a ‘big stick’ to this endeavor to insure quick action on an individual basis?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

He’s been having chronic reflux and the hospital wanted to wait until June, but the surgeon said that it can’t wait that long. 

That acid reflux feeling is a symptom of a heart attack.  No kidding, get it checked out immediately.

Ask me how I know. 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Randyh said:

the Chinese have copied it --and are using it   , for the past 2 months while we are still testing it -  had the USA used it  for 2 months --we might have saved a lot of  lives ----------if it is truly that effective -

-  the Chinese are saving their citizen's lives   by using it ---------go figure --

Nothing to really figure.  It'll take to 2022 to get something through and in wide use.

Remember some people have stuff that is critical to THEIR mission, maybe not yours or what it should be.

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That acid reflux feeling is a symptom of a heart attack.  No kidding, get it checked out immediately.

Ask me how I know. 

They do say many times the pain is very very similar, behind your sternum.  We can just guess how you know....

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Ask me how I know. 

thanks. reflux has been ongoing since his surgery last April, just getting worse. he's had numerous ekgs and all kinds of other tests and been seen by cardiology -- all was clear heart-wise.

they suspect his new make-shift esophagus may have a kink in it because the swallow test was not normal, they said the surgeon may have to do a procedure to stretch it.

27 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Ask me how I know. 

I had sudden reflux one time at a restaurant before they brought the food.  I don't know what brought it on, but it felt like I imagine a heart attack would feel.  I knew it couldn't be a heart attack, but man, it was chest-cracking pain for about 15 seconds or so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I had sudden reflux one time at a restaurant before they brought the food.  I don't know what brought it on, but it felt like I imagine a heart attack would feel.  I knew it couldn't be a heart attack, but man, it was chest-cracking pain for about 15 seconds or so.

Hard crap moving through your intestines will give you that kind of pain.

JJK

2 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Hard crap moving through your intestines will give you that kind of pain.

JJK

I've had that before, too.  The incident I described was definitely reflux.  I've heard passing a kidney stone can be similar in terms of the level of excruciation. 

• Like 1