Finally will have LaScala's

Alexander

Well ladies and gents, these LaScala's are now resting in my house/garage down in Fla. I will be down there in a month or two and looking forward to setting them up and giving them a run.

They turned out to be 1975's (N yes?) and all drivers are original. They were not hooked up to any gear to test them though. The AA's appear to have yellow mylar caps and not the expected metal cans.

But here is the best part – I did not pay for them. Yep, a local friend of mine down there did the ~100 mile each way drive and bought them. Yes they are his but his wife will not let them in the house - even though he knew this he still wanted to own a pair. So (knowing him) these will not be going anywhere anytime soon. Lucky for me!

In the next few days I will have the wife down there to take a few pics so I can look them over while I am still up here in N.C.

• Like 3

Well it is lucky for me that his wife is the way she is that is for sure. (big grin)

The NC house could never have the floor space for LS1s hince the klf-30s, but thankfully the one down south does. Plans are to use the Emotiva gear for these - or maybe drag out the old Denon dap-2500 & four poa-4400s to bi-amp. Time will tell.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, 5ow said:

whats the price range on jubilees?

I have no clue....  you might reach out to Cory at @Paducah Home Theater to ask.  He's been wheeling & dealing with them now for a number of years.

Though my comment above was meant just to rib & poke some fun....  it is a reality that side by side, the Jubilee will make the LaScala sound more like a toy speaker.  I don't say this to bash the LaScala....I've owned a pair since I bought them new in 1979.  It's just the truth.  Now....  you can also simply put the (huge) K402 horn on top of the LaScala and take it to a 2-way speaker (probably best to go active crossover) and THAT speaker "JubeScala" will also trounce the stock LaScala.  

In the end, I think it's simply about moving up to a 2" horn verses 1" on the LaScala and that K402 horn which is a very nice sounding horn.

(since I see you've got six posts and don't know how long you've lurked....  I've also owned some Jubilee's for a few years so have both in same room)

13 hours ago, 5ow said:

whats the price range on jubilees?

14 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I have no clue....  you might reach out to Cory at @Paducah Home Theater to ask.  He's been wheeling & dealing with them now for a number of years.

Though my comment above was meant just to rib & poke some fun....  it is a reality that side by side, the Jubilee will make the LaScala sound more like a toy speaker.  I don't say this to bash the LaScala....I've owned a pair since I bought them new in 1979.  It's just the truth.  Now....  you can also simply put the (huge) K402 horn on top of the LaScala and take it to a 2-way speaker (probably best to go active crossover) and THAT speaker "JubeScala" will also trounce the stock LaScala.  

In the end, I think it's simply about moving up to a 2" horn verses 1" on the LaScala and that K402 horn which is a very nice sounding horn.

(since I see you've got six posts and don't know how long you've lurked....  I've also owned some Jubilee's for a few years so have both in same room)

Cory might still have a pair of Jubs.