Need to lengthen the speaker cables

M4verick

4 hours ago, Dave A said:

Thank Audiogon. I learn about all the really cool cutting edge tech over there. Like these for instance. https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa65ia-audio-magic-ce-generators-set-of-3-brand-new-better-imaging-details-dynamics-tweaks   

You run your speaker cables through the little hole in the middle and magic happens.

OMG--there's one born every minute.

9 hours ago, HiFi Heaven said:

Whysoever are you feeding speakers with

#22?  You'll kill any damping factor, flab out the bass.  Any SS amp will sound like a tube amp

with an extra 1Ω between the source and the load!  My Fulton Brown #12 AU/CU needs the REDS!

They are desktop speakers and hardwired from Klipsch that way.

10 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

On a serious note, do they make wire nuts for 22 ga wire? Do wire nuts work on multi-strand wire? I have only used then on solid copper wire that was 16 ga or larger. 

Yes.  Stranded wire  will work with wire nuts just fine but remember to leave a little more stripped than you would with solid because it will twist up under the wire nut more.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

On a serious note, do they make wire nuts for 22 ga wire? Do wire nuts work on multi-strand wire? I have only used then on solid copper wire that was 16 ga or larger. 

Yes they do. Saw some while troubleshooting my air conditioning. Brother has one of those color code for size kits.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Pondoro said:

This is actual wiring on a (Russian) plane that is in use. But not for the audio system.

251.JPG

Well the first thing that needs to be done is cut all of those tie wraps/zip ties and carefully separate the wires so they are not touching each other. This is a common novice mistake made by many airplane/avionics designers and manufacturers just to make things look good for unknowledgeable consumers of aircraft. Obviously red tape is the least preferable color to tape wire in bundles as well.

[This was not a serious post, just harking back to days gone by . . . .] 

• Sad 1