Ha....Just for fun....Aliens exist

MyOwn

Just now, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I agree, it's just some seem to do it to change what was said or as smoke and mirrors. The main problem is it doesn't advance the discussion.  

I can agree about the star dust. What about aliens though? 

Carl is the latest example.  Maybe Carl is an alien?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes you can, it's blatantly obvious to all except those with blinders on.

No red herring.  There are plenty of reports of peaceful protests where buildings and vehicles were destroyed.

Google is your friend.  https://www.voanews.com/usa/curfews-issued-florida-peaceful-protests-turn-violent

That was one random article.  Of course google along with others are shaping their searches to fit their narratives and make things contrary to their agenda harder to find.

There are countless "peaceful" protests that were violent but I doubt your preferred sources of information reported that.

I dunno but you just reported something from the media that backs up my point. Do you have a link to a media source that said this particular demonstration wasn't violent? 

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

A great article:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-lafayette-square-protesters-were-anything-but-peaceful

And you seem to refuse to acknowledge my point by replying about a completely different issue.

Okay. I'll concede your point on Lafayette square that all protesters weren't peaceful but it doesn't negate that most people were there to protest peacefully and there was ALOT going on behind the scenes that had nothing to do with these particular protests that also is a major part of the story: Protesters tear gassed DC, Park Police respond internal confusion | wusa9.com

Regardless, you didn't address the particular government official who was playing down the virus to the point we have over 300,000 people dead with another 100,000 on the horizon. Otoh, the media doesn't have as much influence on my life as evidently it does yours so I don't complain about it. Btw, when you google "violent peaceful protest," you get more media sources complaining about coverage than those actually making the false claim. Just sayin'.

6 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Okay. I'll concede your point on Lafayette square that all protesters weren't peaceful but it doesn't negate that most people were there to protest peacefully and there was ALOT going on behind the scenes that had nothing to do with these particular protests that also is a major part of the story

It wasn't just at one protest, it was at a lot, maybe even most protest that it was not peaceful. 

4 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, ironically that PM was entitled,  "Coronavirus and the Media," and I was the ONLY one who wanted to talk about policy, just like on the thread that was closed. It wasn't THE MEDIA that was responsible for GOVERNMENT policy dealing with Covid-19. 

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Is this the same MEDIA that said that it was impossible to have a vaccine by the end of the year?  I heard that from all the "main stream" media sources.  The same media who won't recant that or congratulate those responsible? 

Btw, you seem more upset about the media not congratulating the exact person who's responsible for the failed policy which we are all living under. My point is that the media had nothing to do with that and when history books are written the media will have shown the problems as they were real-time going on. The Virus: What Went Wrong? (full film) | FRONTLINE - YouTube

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

They'll show what they're told to show. 

Well...Then I guess you will continually believe what you want to believe...Fwiw, I don't put "a used car salesman," in the same category as "World Class Negotiator," and I guess that is one of the things that makes us different.  

6 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Btw, you seem more upset about the media not congratulating the exact person who's responsible for the failed policy which we are all living under.

You know what they say about opinions.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-covid-policy-has-been-reasonable-11605737616

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I guess that is one of the things that makes us different.  

One of many things thank God.

45 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:
53 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Btw, you seem more upset about the media not congratulating the exact person who's responsible for the failed policy which we are all living under.

You know what they say about opinions.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-covid-policy-has-been-reasonable-11605737616

I absolutely know what they say about opinions and what you posted doesn't change the facts and opinions expressed in the Frontline episode from July I posted.

45 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:
48 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I guess that is one of the things that makes us different.  

One of many things thank God.

I gather you want me to take this personally but I won't. When we first started having these discussions you said you weren't interested in talking politics and the discrepancy between how you  and I perceived the two salesman you mentioned  is key...

• dtel locked this topic