Ha....Just for fun....Aliens exist

MyOwn

19 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

critical thinking is a lost art. 

I can see how / why. Most people are snowed under with one side or the other type of information, regardless of facts. If or when they look for information, they, usually, look for information to support their solidified pov. 

It's refreshing to have conversations with ones who analyzes in an unbiased way and let fact be what forms conclusions. 

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

--- I personally think we've been off track way before 2016 and if there is light at the end of the tunnel, I fear it is a freight train....

Sure but you are one of those guys who blame "both sides," and I have found y'all normally "hold your nose " and vote for the Republican candidate with the exception of oldtimer. Heck, Jeff was Trump's most ardent online supporter and I don't even think he voted. :o

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I agree and it blows my mind that Trump got the Republican nomination running AGAINST the Bushes and establishment. Heck, he won by saying similar things about Iraq but then going WAY further than I would go while governing with no old school fiscal responsibilty. President Trump is a cult of personality extraordinaire but is a one term POTUSA.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

You never will.

Cool. At least I tried.

49 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Whoa! I freaked out. I quoted your link and it too disappeared but found your words in my post. Lol. 😁

I'm not sure what you are referring to but there were several long threads started in 2015 that would be comical  and *interesting * for some here that commented. In the beginning Jeff and I were the only ones who took Trump seriously--In  the end public discourse became so Trumpian that even Klipsch didn't want it on the forum and shut down the BS section after almost 15 years.

Fwiw, the reason it was shut down was because of incivility and not "politics," per se.

35 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Sure but you are one of those guys who blame "both sides," and I have found y'all normally "hold your nose " and vote for the Republican candidate with the exception of oldtimer. Heck, Jeff was Trump's most ardent online supporter and I don't even think he voted. :o

you're painting with a broad brush.  Yes, I blame both sides ... and didn't vote for either ... this time or last time.  Don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because someone is critical of one side that they support the other. Like I told my cousin yesterday, if I got a score of 30 on an exam and failed, it does me no good to point out the other person that scored a 29. The professor would rightly tell me that the other student isn't the standard by which I'm being measured -- the answer key is and therefore we both flunked. 

My biggest complaint with our system is that people have been brainwashed into thinking that they have to be on one side or the other. I'm not one of those and by the political discourse abounding, I'm glad that I'm not on the rolls of either side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

you're painting with a broad brush.  Yes, I blame both sides ... and didn't vote for either ... this time or last time.  Don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because someone is critical of one side that they support the other...

I don't think I am but prove me wrong by telling me you actually voted for someone or party. Fwiw, I was a Republican through GHWB and voted for Clinton the second time around. I was an independent u til Obama ran for his second term 8n complete disclosure. :)

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

My biggest complaint with our system is that people have been brainwashed into thinking that they have to be on one side or the other. I'm not one of those and by the political discourse abounding, I'm glad that I'm not on the rolls of either side. 

Fwiw, my biggest complaint is hearing folks complain about OTHER people's viewpoints instead of articulating their own...As I typed that it wasn't directed to you, Stew, but all those other grievance posters through the years. You genuinely seem like a nice, thoughtful guy who happens to post on threads like this right before I get uninvited to post,  to put it nicely. I've enjoyed your ketchup threads and Taco adventures and being friends with Brian May is really cool. Stay safe my friend and I've enjoyed the conversation. Tonight I'm appreciating a nice Stella Midnight Lager and listening to  multichannel rendition of Seal's Greatest hits on DVD-A for a change of pace. Prost!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I agree and it blows my mind that Trump got the Republican nomination running AGAINST the Bushes and establishment. Heck, he won by saying similar things about Iraq but then going WAY further than I would go while governing with no old school fiscal responsibilty. President Trump is a cult of personality extraordinaire but is a one term POTUSA.

Quoted him, then proved his point. 

38 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I don't think I am but prove me wrong by telling me you actually voted for someone or party.

no I didn't vote the past two elections; but that is completely irrelevant to my statement.  Not at all meaning to be argumentative; but you can't say that "I have found y'all normally "hold your nose " and vote for the Republican candidate" without that being a mass generalization. I know a lot of people; but if you know all those that share my dislike for both parties, then you know 1000 people to every one that I know -- that would be quite a few conversations that you've had. I'll bet there are quite of few of me'alls out there that didn't vote period. I know there are other parties; but the stranglehold that the RNC and the DNC have is sickening. Yes, I've voted before, many times -- just not the past two times. 

I think you and I are proof that differing views doesn't have to make us enemies. Like Tip O'Neal said to Ronald Reagan after Tip blasted him in an interview one afternoon. That evening at a function Reagan called him out on it and Tip said, "that was business ... after 6 pm we're friends." 

We've disagreed on quite a few topics over the years; but I have appreciated that you don't resort to childish name calling.  I think trying to understand someone is the biggest part of learning. I'd hate it if everyone agreed with me -- how boring! Granted, the world would be a better place; but less exciting. 

Yeah, I tend to join the party when it's nearly over. Often times I tell myself not to get in political discussions; but I don't always listen to myself. 

Enjoy your drink.  I just opened a Molson Canadian myself and tip it to you. I like Stella too. Oh yeah, you're listening to Seal.  Saw him at Disneyland once at the Dumbo elephant ride. Of course, my attention was directed more to Heidi Klum than him, but I saw him briefly.  

• dtel locked this topic