Ha....Just for fun....Aliens exist

MyOwn

5 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Speaking of China, we've gone from Russia gate to China gate.  Clearly, elections matter.  

Actually if you take out the political game it's still Russia: U.S. Homeland Security, thousands of businesses scramble after suspected Russian hack | Reuters

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Of course I know what you meant but feel you lump all "gates" in the same boat, whereas I don't think they are comparable in historical significance. 

This election was changed because of the Russian's efforts in 2016. One side this election  tried to use the same tactics that worked in 2016 but was thwarted for the most part by Facebook and Twitter, but the slack was taken up by the media some folks consume. The similarity between 2016 and the above being uncovered is that Russia is still using Cyberwarfare to try and pit us against each while infiltration our internet systems--This looks like a big deal if it is what it seems to be. Fwiw, the pro-Russian stance in this country baffles me and that is something that's come about in the last 4 years. Only fringe groups buddied up to the Russians prior to the sea change in some circles today...

Insofar as China is concerned, they are going gangbusters in their expansion goals and that definitely needs to be addressed....

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Too many gates.  Sewer back to the swamp.  Too much stagnant water.  It's all gone septic.  

Too bad you left our PM thread. 

I have noticed you don't seem to play your hand on policy much.  I was wondering whether there is any policy difference between the 2 which you feel makes a real difference.  e.g., trade with China, border control, etc.  We all seem to gravitate toward arguing politics in terms of who is the worst, but little is said about actual policies.  

Don't do that here, though.  Re-join the PM if you want to say.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I was wondering whether there is any policy difference between the 2 which you feel makes a real difference.  e.g., trade with China, border control, etc. 

You didn't ask me but imo, I felt securing the boarder and knowing who is coming through was important but a physical wall was expensive and didn't convey what we wanted to achieve. Fwiw, there was no congressional buy-in insofar as the budget was concerned. Trade with China is a whole 'nother can of worms that we are in a different position to negotiate considering where we were 4 years ago with allies on our side. Hopefully we will get back to that point. 

6 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

We all seem to gravitate toward arguing politics in terms of who is the worst, but little is said about actual policies.  

Dude! I have always been a policy wonk and my posts try and convey that. I miss those days when we could go in depth about policy but I don't remember you always being in those discussions.

Just now, Zen Traveler said:

You didn't ask me but imo, I felt securing the boarder and knowing who is coming through was important but a physical wall was expensive and didn't convey what we wanted to achieve. Fwiw, there was no congressional buy-in insofar as the budget was concerned. Trade with China is a whole 'nother can of worms that we are in a different position to negotiate considering where we were 4 years ago with allies on our side. Hopefully we will get back to that point. 

Dude! I have always been a policy wonk and my posts try and convey that. I miss those days when we could go in depth about policy but I don't remember you always being in those discussions.

And you left the thread, too.

There were days past when you 2 had a little more stomach, but I guess we all get old and tired after a while...

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

There were days past when you 2 had a little more stomach, but I guess we all get old and tired after a while...

That's BS! I left that PM on Coronavirus  when Krackon had been disproven and y'all wanted to talk about election fraud--Not my thing. I STILL contend it was those who didn't take Covid-19 seriously who left the discussion seriously and it wasn't the media who lost interest. Shit is hitting the fan here.

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

You never resigned from BS because someone starting talking about something that was "not your thing."

Of course not but learned to ignore those that engaged in personal attacks until it got to the point that I needed to say something...Like you said, I am too old to keep addressing those that keep calling me a troll on a PM and they were the main participants. I've learned to like Gilbert but the newbies didn't interest me. Anyway, hope you are doing well Jeff and I do wonder why you still try to engage here. 

21 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Stomach had nothing to do with it, which geniuses are participating now?

I commend you for keeping them from polluting the general forum through distraction though.

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Haha!  Well, you can't have forgotten how rancorous it was in BS.  Same old shite; only the names have changed.  You got old!

No, there was much more intelligence and usually a lot less misinformation in BS.  We argued from positions around mostly agreed upon facts or circumstances.

• dtel locked this topic