Finished My "Cornscala" Project

TubesGlo

21 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

This guy in Russia is making me some script 'Chorus II' and 'Forte II' badges.  He comes highly recommended but more pricey:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/grossbjorn/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

You can thank me and my father for the chorus II badge. My father had a friend design the script and I worked with the guy in Russia to make it. It looks really nice in person

17 minutes ago, Deang said:

You said these sound better than the CSW 450, but they are the same network except  for the parts I use. Anyways, the big cap is 47uF, and should probably be 33uF - but if you’re not listening at insane levels, you’re probably fine. 

Yes, I think they have a cleaner more transparent sound than the original ALKs. So if I switch out the 47 for 33 it will cross over at 500hz?    I listen up to 90db levels. Sounds very nice.

14 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

You can thank me and my father for the chorus II badge. My father had a friend design the script and I worked with the guy in Russia to make it. It looks really nice in person

I bought my Cornscala script badges from a guy in Russia who advertised on EBay.

1 hour ago, mopardave said:

Yes, universal and -2 and 9 are where they are set running the mid 4db above the woofer.  I had L pads but found running the tweet at 0 was best to my ear and removed them.  Where should my cross over point be and how can I change that?

Here's something i found.ZXPC 18" x 10" Two Inch Format Horn - Technical/Modifications - The Klipsch Audio Community

6 hours ago, mopardave said:

Pretty sure my horn is the 11x17 thou.   Do they roll off they same as the 10x18?

Never measured one with a K55, and I'm not exactly sure as to which of the 2 sizes ZXPC's I have. So I can't be sure why they bother to make 2 with such close dimensions.

17 hours ago, dtr20 said:

Thank you.  He is sending me a Forte II drawing. 

What material are these made of.  He said Aluminum but I thought that they were brass. 

16 hours ago, mopardave said:

Here's a spec sheet i just found if anyone else is interested in this horn. It seems this is a copy of the Selenium HL4750-SLF.

hl4750-spf-spec-sheet.jpg.b77133fe88020fc8414387964eece23c.jpg

Nope, the Selenium has a bit if a slot shape in the throat. Not much, but is narrow and the widens back out rather quickly. I have a pair I got from Bob. I can post a picture straight on from the front, but it will be after I get home.

7 hours ago, Marvel said:

Nope, the Selenium has a bit if a slot shape in the throat. Not much, but is narrow and the widens back out rather quickly. I have a pair I got from Bob. I can post a picture straight on from the front, but it will be after I get home.

The HM4750 has a slot, the HL4750 does not.   The HM is still a 400hz horn.

1 hour ago, mopardave said:

The HM4750 has a slot, the HL4750 does not.   The HM is still a 400hz horn.

This is true...

The HL has a narrower dispersion. The complaint about them, though, is the bolt hole patterns aren't consistent... mine were off and didn't line up with the driver holes.

Other than that, they work pretty well. 🙄

9 hours ago, Marvel said:

This is true...

The HL has a narrower dispersion. The complaint about them, though, is the bolt hole patterns aren't consistent... mine were off and didn't line up with the driver holes.

Other than that, they work pretty well. 🙄

You may be correct, the HL4750 does look to have a short slot. Here's are interesting thread with pics i found.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mopardave said:

You may be correct, the HL4750 does look to have a short slot. Here's are interesting thread with pics i found.

I bought my horns used from no.4, so the horn in his pics are mine.   Just thought this horn thread could benefit anyone experimenting with horns in a Cornscala or whatever.